Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Crashing

Hi

A customer has called up and he is having problems opening one of this orders. He is getting the following error message:

There was a problem with the database

Operation: Moving through the [Order] table where [Order Sequence Number] = 1910

Data truncated.

Action: Contact your Actinic reseller or Actinic Support as appropriate
    He has tried to re-start the program and his computer but it still comes up but only on one order? He can open newer orders and older ones but not this one particular one?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Try compacting the database. This kind of problem usually needs the support of actinic but I'm not sure they'll help out on V6 any more.

There are quite a few examples of the 'data truncated' error on the forum. Each seems to be unique though.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Something I have suggested a couple of times now which sometimes works it to run the database through my spelling checker as that can find fields that are too long (which is what is happening here) and fix them up - or at least let you know exactly which field is causing the problem so that you can edit it in Access. You can download a free trial of the spell checker and find more information here :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Cat...lth_Check.html

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
      X