Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error merging files, Error copyong from 'from' file

Hi,

After my host changed my IP to a static IP with SSL enabled (I plan to add SSL in the cart and to take CC online) I can't upload correctly.

On a Refresh at the 'Uploading Digital Download Files' bit when the narration below says 'Applying changed to Price' I get an error saying

An error occured while merging files on the remote site.
    Error copying from 'from' file

After searching on here I have done several refreshes, the special refresh in the Troubleshooting and tried dis-enabling enhanced transfer in Network settings, I also compacted the database.

Also the search function isn't working from the site with this error message

Error opening the index "../acatalog/oldprod.fil". No such file or directory. The web site is probably being updated. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If the problem persists, contact us.

I think one of my attempts to fix it was to delete the .fil and .cat files but surely a refresh would fix that or am I crashing before it gets the chance to uploads those files?

No joy

I'm using Business 7.06

The site is up and can take orders but its obviously not right, and I don't want to start the SSL stuff till I get it working perfect.

Anyone any other ideas before I go get a large hammer?

delete the following files from BOTH your webserver and site1

all .cat
    all .fil
    all generated pl and pm files (generated files means the ones called xx000001.pl

then refresh

Comment

Hi Jo,

Is that just an ordinary refresh or the purge and refresh in troubleshooting?

Also you say 'generated' .pl and .pm - does that mean there are some that are 'non-generated' that I have to leave alone? Or can I delete everything ending in .pl and .pm?

Thanks for your reply, when I my current hosting deal runs out I certainly know who my new host will be, my searches and your answers have helped me numerous times before.

Comment

Also you say 'generated' .pl and .pm - does that mean there are some that are 'non-generated' that I have to leave alone? Or can I delete everything ending in .pl and .pm?
        Only delete files that end with pl and pm if they start with 0000001.

the other pl/pm files are required to generate the 000001 files ie shoppingcart.pl is generated as ca000001.pl, orderscript.pl becomes os000001.pl and so on.
        Is that just an ordinary refresh or the purge and refresh in troubleshooting?

it doesnt matter if you do a refresh or a troubleshooting refresh. The troubleshooting refresh should delete said files from the webserver, but it won't delete from site1 - i just prefer to do these things manaully so I can see it happen.

Thanks for your reply, when I my current hosting deal runs out I certainly know who my new host will be, my searches and your answers have helped me numerous times before.
        np, just contact us nearer the time

Comment

Working...
        X