Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions

Hey Guys,
    I was wondering if you could check out my site below and maybe a little feedback. It's been up for a few months now i just wanted to know what people think.
    (Be honst, im thick skinned)
    www.ukbathroomsonline.co.uk

Thanks
    Ash
    ukBathroomsOnline

Just a quick look:
    The flyout product menu is opening behind the flash add so I cannot navigate the site.

The sale banner down the left immediately made me click it and I left the site

Your pages are all in the google supplimental index - try changing the title tag to one that is unique. there are several threads on this

You have no site map link on the homepage

Your homepage could be better targeted towards your primary keyword

Comment

The 2 most important items on the homepage (and other pages) in terms of user visibility are the charity banner and the sister website which take you away from the site. Not good. Both these should be made smaller and I would be inclined to drop the charity down to its own page and just use a thumbnail.

The charity flyout is VERY distracting. Is this the reason for the masses of white space to the right of the main text? Centering the fixed or using a fluid layout for the whole site would be much better. At the moment viewing on a 19" monitor the central product / section area is off centre and feels very cramped.

I would enlarge the "our price" against the products and also add a line between that and the RRP price to provide more emphasis and make the actual price more prominent.

Check your search settings as searching for the "d-1-2-c" for example returns a whole host of items.

In your Terms you have :

" You may cancel your order by giving us notice of cancellation at no cost to yourself unless goods have been ordered for you and have been delivered to our premises or have been despatched. We will in both cases be charged a re-stocking charge and this will be forwarded onto you. "

Under the Direct Selling Regs I don't think you can do this even if you have bought an item in for them... unless it has been sent out for personalising. I think you have to grin and bear it. Maybe someone else could advise on this?

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Cleaned the office now so have looked again.

The HSBC and Froogle links open in the same window - these need to be new windows to keep your site open.

Comment

The suppliers links on each page also open in the same window - nice of you to send prospective customers to them!

I would remove these and add content to your site so they get all the info they need from you.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
            Cleaned the office now so have looked again.
            How much in travel costs from Shap to Chesterfield Malcolm? Expert SEO and a clean office - you could be onto a winner there

Bikster

Comment

Expert SEO and a clean office
              The SEO would be cheaper - take my word for it

Comment

Seeing you in a pinnie would be priceless ... literally

Bikster

Comment

A few things I noticed - only my opinions - apart from what's already mentioned:
                  1. I'd remove the EveryClick object completely - presumably you're in business to make a profit. If you want to give to charity great, but you'll loose visitors with that item. I doubt the motivator behind EveryClick (which uses Ask) is for charity - much more likely for their own pockets.
                  2. Your homepage fragment images are all the same - consider having different images for each section, the same as your good section images. I thought they were all for taps at first. The mind sees pictures before words.
                  3. Bathroom suites takes me off-site.
                  4. The default pop-up large image window is too small in most cases.
                  5. The Froogle link goes off-site - and why have it?
                  6. HSBC link - best to make the link open in a new window - the chances of a visitor coming back are always slim - you want to keep them on your site for as long as possible.
                  7. Clicking on the sale banner takes you off-site. NB - I presume creepers is also your site.
                  8. I couldn't find the delivery costs.

A few negative pionts but generally a pleasing site - if I was looking for bathroom stuff I'd look at your site.

Comment

Thanks Guys!
                    You've highlighted a few great points.
                    In relation to the Creepers banner on the left, i know it shouldn't be there but that site is owned by the same guy (my boss) and it's his baby so he wants traffic going there even though it takes customers away.

Thanks again,
                    Ash
                    ukBathroomsOnline

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                      Seeing you in a pinnie would be priceless ... literally
                      jont suddenly realised what forum he was on...
                      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Just to add to the experts views I'd also agree with a) the two long banners down the sides leading elsewhere, thats where potential customers look for `deals` and `new stuff`. Like the soopermarket says, once they're gone, they're gone... and b) the images in the centre, these could be changed to the relevant product and better still have the text as erm, text, or clickable links, not as part of the image. c) The pink, light blue and the green bits are pretty eye catching, just a pity two of them are not part of your site. d) I'd stick the phone number up on the top right somewhere, its not like you need to announce the number with a flash thingy is it? e) That big ad in the centre could or should be a bath or something interesting, with even a semi-clad lady or man having a wee lie amongst the piping hot bubbles, perhaps jont would volunteer his services for this? How many blokes like the DFS ad's on the box I wonder?

Just a few thoughts, good luck with it all mate.
                        Football Heaven

Comment

PS I thought the idea of being listed on Froogle was to get visitors to your site? Now you have them why do you want to send them back?
                          Football Heaven

Comment

Working...
                          X