Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

map-image problem

Hi,

I have been mapping an image so that when the item numbers are clicked it will take you to thaty part. The problem is that when you click on the item it goes to the part but because its it at the very top of the page you see the item below it.

To see this working go to

http://www.cheapclassiccarparts.co.u...r_Rubbers.html

and click item 14. On my pc it takes me to item 15, but item 14 is half on the page.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this, or is it just my pc ??

Thank you

John

www.rollsroycecarparts.co.uk
    Genuine & Alternative parts for Rolls Royce and Bentley Cars

You need to add '#aProductReference' onto the end of the URL ten it will go to the anchor for that product on the page. Such as:
    http://www.cheapclassiccarparts.co.u...bers.html#a584

Sorry - didn't read your post properly. The link you are referring to is only intended to take you to the top of the page. Where are you expecting it to link to?

Comment

The link to the top of the page is ok, it is the link from the picture to the item that is not working correct.

All the hotspots in the image have been mached to actinics anchors number.

When i view the page and click say item 14 it take me to item 15, but to confuse things if you copy the url for item 14 it takes you to item 14.

The only way i see to fix this is to ues the anchor for the item above the one i need.
      Genuine & Alternative parts for Rolls Royce and Bentley Cars

Comment

Actinic anchors use a<product ref> e.g. <a name="a594">. However your map is using #594 and not #a594.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Note also that the image map links #a<product ref> only works smoothly for alphanumeric product references.

If you have symbols, e.g. $, /, -, etc in there then these get expanded to something like _34, _35, etc.

You'd have to look at your page source to see what's what.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X