Cannot open Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot open Actinic

Yesterday I had been using Actinic quite happily & had exited with no problems, then I tried to open it up again later & following a long delay where the prompt said "Actinic is loading" a dialog box said "Network or Disk Error". Actinic is not networked. Defrag did not work for Actinic so I ran a chkdsk (scandisk) fix which said it had replaced a bad cluster in Actinic.

Now when I try to get into Actinic, I am still unsuccessful because a dialog box shows an error message saying for catalog.exe "Not a valid Bookmark"

Any experts with a fix suggestion that will not lose or minimise loss of orders that I had not backed up or dealt with?
    Last edited by calmncomfy; 07-Jan-2007, 10:35 AM. Reason: Typo
    www.calmncomfy.co.uk : Improving well being and enjoyment of life - Naturally

if you have an uptodate snapshot you could uninstall and reinstall actinic and then import the latest shapshot.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, I will have to do this if we are unable to find a solution that wont lose the work & orders not done since the last snapshot. Any ideas of an alternative fix that might not lose the info?

Comment

You could try to repair the database, I know of three ways to do this

1) Use Microsoft Access - it's on the Tools, Database Utilities menu
        2) Via the ODBC settings on the control panel (it's in Administative Tools / Datasource, on the User DSN tab, DSN name is ActinicCatalog7)
        3) Use the database repair option in my Spell Checker plugin (http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Cat...th_Check.html)

they all do the same thing, so you only need to try with one.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
          2) Via the ODBC settings on the control panel (it's in Administative Tools / Datasource, on the User DSN tab, DSN name is ActinicCatalog7)

Regards,
          done the above and it worked a treat. This will save me hours of work so thanks very much Jan!

Comment

Working...
          X