sever down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sever down

when i try to run netwrk wizard i get the following message "an error occured while sending an HTTP request to the web server. Perhaps your network is down or the web server is down. Try again or contact your network administator or ISP to correct the situation. this happens every time i try to run network wizard i have contacted my web host and there is no problems what else could cause this message to appear.

Assuming you're entering the correct URL's then a whole host of things - Firewall / Anti Virus / Router, etc.

Did your site use to work?

If so what's changed?
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Another thing that would help is to tell us who your hosts are and what type of system (Windows / Linux, etc) you're using there. There may be someone with example network settings for that host.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
        Another thing that would help is to tell us who your hosts are and what type of system (Windows / Linux, etc) you're using there. There may be someone with example network settings for that host.
        actinic used to work but i changed hosting companys because my old one would not respone to phone calls or emails, the hosting company i use now is "5quid hosting" i am using the correct urls, i assume i am on a linux based server, i am not using a router i am just using a normal BB modem the antivirus software is norton and windows firewall, if this is the info you ment

Comment

Actinics message is saying that the url you've entered doesn't exist. i.e. there's no response from the server when it tries to contact it.

Why not post your network settings (or at least the url) url for us to take a look at? You can always delete it later and it should help indicate whether the problem is the server or not.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

sever not down

i have resloved this issue now thankyou for your help

Comment

Working...
            X