FF and the old alignment issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FF and the old alignment issue

In the process of redesigning an Actinic website to hard code links from the index page and FF is aligning the banner image all over the shop.

Can anyone advise on what I need to change in my CSS, after reading a recent similar issue I have aligned the image which has brought the banner up to the top of the page, but its still aligned and of the right handside of the page

http://www.deanmowers.co.uk/dean1/

Think the CSS causing the prob is

#pullNav img {
    margin-top: 3px;
    margin-bottom: -3px;
    }

Any assistance greatfully received
    Andy
    Attached Files

Hi Andy,

did you create the stylesheet or someone else? Have to say it is such a jungle in there it is very hard to pin anyything down.

Rather than have various "sections" for the structure, text and images etc it is customary to have all the code relating to a part of the page all togther as this make tracking much more simple. eg, navigation, left column, fragment, products ... group via type on the page not by the physical elemental type.

The main issue is stemming from the #pullNav, I change to

#pullNav {
    height: 150px;
    float:right;
    }

and that shift the image across and sorted the height but after that because the code is distributed all over the stylesheet I got lost whilst trying to change the CSS on the fly via Firefox developer. The block of navigation needs adjusting also but I got lost in the code.

You may be better removing the banner from the flow and setting an absolute position for it and the navigation sitting beneath. I would suggest this after tidying the stylesheet to keep everything together.

Sorry not a definitive answer but hopefully a push in the right direction.

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

someone else done this work for me, looks like a template to be honest.

Not knowing anything really about CSS, only trial and error methods.

Made your pullNav change and all is in order now,

Serious thanks

Andy

Comment

Working...
      X