Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on receipt page

Hi

This is probably the most stupid question posted but hey I'm stuck ...

When I place an order, my receipt page says error on page and when I look at the detail it says line 46 char 5 expected ';'

Now I assume this means it wants a ; on line 46 5th character.

My stupid question of the day (and possibly ever on the forum) is how do I calculate the 46th line !! which lines do I count and which do I ignore as I can't find the line that would be missing the ; !!

Many thanks and sorry

Donna
    Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

This is a java script error it is reporting, so it was expecting a ; at that point according to the code, but it never turned up.

Have you added or changed the java script in your site maybe.

Open the source of your webpage in Notepad, switch off word wrap and then cursor down to the line and character to get an idea of where the issue is, and then relate that to your templates (as the 2 locations differ from source and online).

Comment

I have changed the javascript on this page as I am desperately trying to get google analytics to work (sending data but not receipt info) but if I count 46 lines down this is not a line I've ever changed. Do I o blank lines and lines that have been commented out???

D
      Donna

Comment

It is based on the source, so view the page which shows the error, then do in the browser - view source, then ensure that word wrap is off...

1st line is counted as line 0, to use the cursors to go down line by line til you get to the line number.

Every line is counted, comments or not.

Comment

Ok, I've done that but it doesn't make sense. The line that i arrive at has never changed! If it is the receipt will it be primaryreceipt.html or will it be another template?? But then I haven't chnaged any of them. v confused!

D
          Donna

Comment

Afraid it does not work quite like that.

It will show you were the code breaks, but then you will need to see where the code is incorrect either at that point or prior to that point, so it could be the code you added has broken the code below.

Best thing is to remove the code you added higher up and then see if it is still showing an error.

If it does not show the error still, then check your code you removed to fix it all.

Comment

Thanks, but i've not changed anything above line 46 ... main cahnges I've made are at the bottom of the receipt page to run the onloads and calls to urchin tracker for google analytics. I've checked this code and I can't see any errors from the notes Dave uploaded to this community.

Am stuck now. D
              Donna

Comment

Hi,

I'm afraid that line numbers and char references with javascript errors are very hard to find. The fact is that when you look at your receipt template, it is in the raw HTML stage with Actinic but when uploaded it becomes compacted and depending on which program you view it in it could be word-wrapped so line numbers become irrelevant.

I see that you have posted to Daves Guide to Google Analytics with Actinic thread so maybe Dave can give you some help with what's wrong.
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey

Thanks for all your help. I'm a marketing person so this is all very difficult for me!!

Hopefully Dave will find all my errors in my source and help me save face at work!!

Donna
                  Donna

Comment

Working...
                  X