Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help cant add anything to basket!

just have major problems today,

i have been wondering why i have not had any sales and i went on to the website to add something to my basket and this comes up???

"CGI Error
    The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers".

i have no idea what this means but it is preventing customers buying!!

if any one can help please do but when stating what to do go easy as i am a bit of a learner!!

thanks

Have you tried a Housekeeping | Compact Databases and then a Web | Refresh and then see if it works ok.

Comment

this is just getting worse!

i just tried to do a site snap shot and this came up????

FATAL ERRORS
      (File SnapshotWizard.cpp, Line 816) - Archive error 5 - The compression operation failed
      Library error - Can not open file C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\ActinicCatalog.mdb ! has been caught.
      Errors
      (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 582) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\Account_Sign_Up.html was not found System error 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.
      help!!

Comment

When things like this crop up for no reason, I generally reboot the PC to see if that helps.

Comment

i did that Compact Databases thing and it did ok but still i cant upload? so there is going back to the start where i cant get up that network set up as it is greyed out!

does anyone recommend me contact actinic direct??

Comment

One last option is to try a purge and refresh.

Comment

i herd that i maybe on test mode so i had a look ( i was not) but i click to go on test mode and now i cant get off it!! i have tried but actinic becomes none unresponsive!!??

i tried that purge and refresh but it becomes timed out so this is not working either.
              i am totally lost as to what has happened?

Comment

becomes timed out
                This sounds like a server problem.

Comment

Normally I would agree, but alexander also has another thread where his updates failed, because his Actinic has no means of accessing the network settings all of a sudden, so could be the upload has been attempted, files not uploaded due to bad settings or any number of other things.

He needs to get the issue he has with gaining access to his network config working before he can get anywhere unfortunately on this one.

Comment

He needs to get the issue he has with gaining access to his network config working before he can get anywhere unfortunately on this one
                    Agreed - but as the problem is related he should just post on one thread. I suggest that as the problem is urgent he contacts Actinic ASP ie before the weekend or sends a snapshot to a designer. There is only so much you can do on the forum.

Comment

Tis fun is it not - not

Seems he has had nothing but issues with it since the first day, so is getting another site which is not based on Actinic, so not cost effective to get it.

If he raises a support ticket, then he might get lucky and it get sorted before the weekend, but unlikely

We can only make so many suggestions and thats it hey - nite

Comment

Ooooops - he can not create a snapshot I think either

nuff now - nite

Comment

The snapshot error sometimes occurs if you try to create a snapshot more than once in a single run of Actinic, the solution is to close Actinic, open it and try to create the snapshot immediately.

Network settings will be greyed out if you don't have design changes enabled in view / business settings, I don't know of any other reason for it being greyed out.

The thing I'm not to sure about it whether the site has been up and running ok and has stopped working suddenly or whether it has never worked.

Regards,
                          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                          Multichannel order processing
                          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

the design changes have been enabled but still that network setup is greyed out!

arrrhhhhh, also i thought that it might be in test mode so put actinic in test mode and now it wont get back out of test mode!!! it becomes unresponsive! and i have tried to reboot about 5-6 times still no luck!

i am completely lost, i have a friend that knows a little bit about this and he says it could be that i need to completly restart the server and then put it back on there and this should get rid of that cgi error that comes up when a customer puts a product in there basket?

but still thats not going to resolve the other million issues!

thanks

Comment

If the site is live why have you never posted a url - it dose not help us if you dont give us all the info and help us to help you - shhhh entered as your business name is not helping yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X