Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Border problem

Hi,
    I am trying to set up borders for my section list images, but borders step out little bit on the right side from the picture.
    (I made new ccs style in actinic file - works but with some crashed design)
    -border is on the left and bottom side only.
    I took ccs off and left only HTML border to see the problem.
    There are borders on the picture as well to see the differences.
    http://www.securitysales.org.uk/acatalog/CCTV.html

(I used to make borders stright on the image which helps, but it is not really quick way to do it for whole catalogue), now I want to do it in actinic.

Can anyone fix this?
    Thanks,
    Vlad.

Try removing the <br> from inside the <a> tag.

You should also tick the "compact HTML / cgi" option to remove the template comments

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks, I have tried this, but no success.
      Does anybody know how to make nice section image and product image borders in actinic?

Vlad.

Comment

Where you have the titles for the images, you probably have an empty <td> tag next to it which is defaulting to minimum width and forcing the overall table to be wider than it needs to be.

If you view source on the site, you should then be able to paste this into dreaweaver and see the problem (at least that's what i normally do).

Plus your images are 80 x 80 (bit too small) and the width of your table is 120, there's 40 pixels before you even start.

There will be a much smaller and cleaner method of doing what you are trying to do, i haven't seen that many nested tables since i last looked at a V7 template.

Comment

Why not try using a background image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vladinooo
            Thanks, I have tried this, but no success.
            True - but you still have extraneous code now in the <a> tag
            Code:
            <span class="actxsmall"></span></actinic:template></actinic:template></a>
            nest the hyperlink around the image correctly and that should resolve

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for your help! Yes, it was really messy in my template. I did whole page again and was more careful about nesting.
              Paste and copy is very important. That's where I did mistakes when I pasted netquotevars in preview page rather than in code.

Comment

Working...
              X