Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hosting Problems: Dataflame

Hi

I've just transfered my web site over to new hosts dataflame (I'm using V6).

I'm having bother getting the correct network settings - does anyone out there use dataflame & if so could you let me know the correct network settings

Cheers

Nick

I'd post your network settings up so we can take a look, 99% of the time you will be inputting something incorrect. Either that or try taking a look at the many posts on troubles with network settings and see if you can relate those to yours.

Comment

Hi

I've tries settings I found in other posts ( & dataflame themselves) without much luck - the settings are

Catalogue URL : http://www.a1memorabilia.co.uk/acatalog/
      CGI Bin URL: http://www.a1memorabilia.co.uk/cgi-bin/
      Code Base: ./
      Path from CGI-Bin to acatalog Directory: /public_html/acatalog/

FTP Detaills: Path to CGI-Bin: /public_html/cgi-bin/
      Path from CGI Bin to Acatalogue Dir as viewed by FTP server: /www/acatalog/

Path to perl shell: /usr/bin/perl

Cheers

Nick

Comment

also tell us the structure of the folders in the webspace.

ie where is the cgi-bin?

Comment

Another two things that would help us help you are:

1) Post your entire set of network settings - Advanced / Network Setup / Export to get a textfile that you post (hide any passwords however).

2) Run the Test (in Advanced / Network Setup) and report all that it tells you.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi

Thanks guys :

1. The directory structue on the server is

- Public_html - under public are 3 folders acatalog, cgi-bin & scgi-bin

2. I attach a copy of the gext file wih current settings

3. the following errors appear when running the test
            i) "The directory specified as the path from the CGI-BIN to the acatalog directory does not exist on the web server. Check the path. Also see the on-line help for "Path from FTP server to Catalog".
            ii) "The script does not have permission to write to the web site directory."

Cheers

Nick
            Attached Files
            Last edited by nickchad; 14-Jan-2007, 09:25 PM. Reason: forgot attachment

Comment

"The script does not have permission to write to the web site directory."
              Have you checked permissions on cgi-bin are 755 and acatalog are 777

is it unix or windows servers?

Comment

hi

yeah permissions are acatalog 777 & cgi bin 755 - it's a unix server

Nick

Comment

Nick,

Is this issue still happening or have you sorted it? Just checked the site and it looks like it works just fine.

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                  X