Images missing in Offline preview.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Images missing in Offline preview.

One of my clients recently rang to report that all the images in 'offline preview' of his site were not displaying whereas they had previously. My immediate reaction was that he had altered the file structure so that the pathways were not correct. However on investigating I found that the pathways to his images were all OK and all the images were present in the correct folders. The site uploads and refreshes OK and the images on the remote site display OK.
    He uses IE on his local machine - latest. The source code for the local files called the pathway to the images "C:/folder/folder/folder" etc and pathways were all correct.
    Even calling a new image product from the images folder created a new offline product where the image did not display, yet it uploaded and displayed from the remote OK

Any Ideas ????

Ask him if he's now using IE7 and if this behaviour started when he went to IE7.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi,

Interestingly I have had the same problem. I am a new user with V8. I open my preview in Firefox.

I have another question regarding files:

I have a multi user version for work and home computers. When I did a snapshot, all my products lost their images (when I opened it on my other computer) yet V8 told me that the files would be sent with my snapshot. I would like to send my site back and forth from home to work. Should I be putting my image files in 'Additional Files...' under the design menu so that everything is referenced there. Any help would be most appreciated.
      Mark J

Never written a line of code until Jan 07, still nursing a headache!

www.enjoyyourgarden-online.co.uk Garden buildings & log cabins
      www.timeinthegarden.co.uk Outside clocks, thermometers etc.

St Austell, Cornwall, UK

Comment

If you intend to move between the two systems fairly often, then you need to save the images in the 'Site1' folder. On the system you moved the snapshot to, check to see if you have a folder in the Site1 called 'NOT CATALOG' you will find your images in there along with the folder structure as it was in the initial computer.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Images gone missing with Offline Preview

Although I cannot be sure - I strongly suspect that the problem with missing files did occure at the same time as my client went over to IE7.

Comment

Do we know if Actinic are working on a patch for catalog version 7?
            Unusual Silver Jewellery
            Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
            Crystal Healing Jewellery
            Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

We do, and we have also been told that version 7.0.7 is only about a week or so away.
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
              X