Actinic Link for Sage Line 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Link for Sage Line 50

We have just upgraded our multi-user Sage Line 50 Financial Controller installation from Sage version 12 to version 13 (which they now confusingly call Sage Line 50 FC "2007").

Of course, we are now not able to export orders from Actinic Business version 7 to Sage Line 50 Financial Controller version 13 (aka "2007").

In our Actinic Link profile settings screen, there's a pull-down menu where you select your version of Sage Line 50. Of course, as the Actinic Link software we are using pre-dates Sage Line 50 version 13 this isn't included in the pull-down menu.

Is it possible to obtain an update to Actinic Link software to add version 13?

I spoke with an Actinic dealer this afternoon, and I was told I probably needed to upgrade to Actinic Version 8 --- and that Actinic Link to Sage Line 50 was included within Actinic Version 8 (Business Edition) as an integrated part of the software, rather than as a separate piece of software. I downloaded the 30 day free trial version of Actinic V8 and had a play around with it, but I couldn't find the settings for the equivalent of Actinic Link. If the settings are there, I couldn't find them, and "Sage" wasn't mentioned in the help files that were downloaded with the trial of V8.

I guess what I really want to do is to just upgrade my Actinic Link software, and not my Actinic Business Edition software. Is this possible?

If so, how do I do so please?
    <b>Craig W. Walsh
    Lucies Farm Ltd. -- Home of Scottish | Kobe Beef
    www.luciesfarm.co.uk
    </b>

Hi Craig,

You can download the latest version of Actinic Link from our website at the following link...
    http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm

This version of Actinic Link v2.3.1 is compatible with Sage Line 50 2007.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Mission Accomplished...!

You can download the latest version of Actinic Link
      Hi, Bruce ---

Thanks!

Dowloaded, installed, and it works perfectly. The upgrade to Sage Line 50 - 2007 installed my data in a slightly different data directory, but this only took (fortunately) a moment to figure out.

We're up and running again.

<b>Craig W. Walsh
      Lucies Farm Ltd. -- Home of Scottish | Kobe Beef
      www.luciesfarm.co.uk
      </b>

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce

This version of Actinic Link v2.3.1 is compatible with Sage Line 50 2007.

Kind regards,
        I am having problems with my Actinic Link AGAIN. Will downloading the new version help? I am still on Actinic 7 and Sage Line 50 Financial Controller 7

I am getting the message:

'Unable to connect to Sage Database. Object doesn't support this property or method'

In do my VAT quarterly, so I only use the link 4 times a year, and every time I have massive problems. I have not opened Actinic Link since last time I used it, and none of the settings have been changed.

Last quarter I ended up uninstalling Link & re-intalling to get it to work. Thi seems so crazy when I have not made any changes??
        ArtyMiss
        www.artymiss.co.uk
        Card Making & Craft Materials

Comment

Amanda,

I would suggest a reinstall of Link. Looks like something has gone wrong with the setup.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X