Server reboot causes refresh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server reboot causes refresh?

I did an upload of my site yesterday and it instead performed a refresh (which is the second time it's done that) - at least I assume it was a refresh, it started by deleting everything the putting it all back again. Much to my annoyance as this process takes about 4 hours so my site was down for that time!

I'm just wondering, as the Datacenter powered down on Monday taking my server with it, if this 'refresh' issue could be caused by an unexpected reboot of the server? Maybe some particular file doesn't get saved and actinic decides that it needs to refresh the whole site?

Maybe the developers can help here - what would cause a standard upload to turn into a full refresh? Is it something on my PC? or something on the server?
    John

it was probably caused by the fact when the server came back up it had the wrong time.

Server time is now correct

Comment

How does that effect the upload? Does that mean that if it happens again I will be forced into a refresh on the next upload - or only if I happen to upload before the clock is fixed...? and why was the clock wrong - the timezone info should be stored by the OS and the clock should still run even without the power...?
      John

Comment

PC and server clock will talk to each other to decide which files need to be uploading.

We had a couple of servers forget the time when they uploaded after the UPS situation.

Comment

So, just to confirm, it was just bad timing and if the clock had been correct before the upload then it would have been ok?
          John

Comment

probably ..............

Comment

Working...
            X