Stock Monitoring using Components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Monitoring using Components

I have copies of the same product for sale within different sections of my site, and want customers to be able to purchase from wherever they see the product but one overall stock management.

I have set up the parent product (stock monitored) and copies of that product with diferent references as appropriate in the different sections which are not stock monitored. Each copied product has a component which is associated to the parent product, and all check boxes are enabled / ticked apart from "is optional". The component tab within the copied product is set to sum of component prices.

I think this is right to manage stock from wherever on my site an order is placed for the same product, but when I receive orders, it shows 2 lines per order line, one with the code of the parent product and one with the code of the copied product ordered. I can handle this, but when I print invoices / packing lists there are no products displayed. I am obviously doing something daft, can you help please.

Dee

Check the settings of the 'No Order Line for Main Product' on the Main Product of each of the copy products, it should be ticked. It sounds as if it is not ticked and Actinic is getting confused in the reports.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for the response Jan. Do you think a plug in is the only way I can get this working? My site is new and Business very expensive, an extra £100 at this stage is a lot. I don't mind a bit of legwork to get it running.

Comment

You don't need a plug-in at all, you can use Actinic as you are to do this. My plug-in just saves time setting things up and helps to prevents inconsistencies as products are changed. (For other readers: See http://www.orate.co.uk/acatalog/index.html for a good example of it's use, 4000+ replicated products, order lines per basket increased dramatically, http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Solutions.html for details of the solution)

All that has happened is that you have a rogue setting somewhere. The best bet for you would be to contact Actinic support by telephone or email - they will be able to sort it out in no time if they can actually see your settings.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
        X