Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order manager

Hi there

I have a client who uses Order manager. She has changed her computer and loaded the order manager onto it. I issued her with a site snapshot which she has imported into her order manager. From what I understand it is connecting to the site OK. However she did a test purchase, she received the email to say that an order had been placed, however when she hit the download order function, nothing came in. What could the problem be?

Jan

Hi Jan,

I would first check that the network settings are pointing to the correct place. Maybe you sent the snapshot across while in Test Mode so she placed the order on the live site but she is trying to download from the test site - just a thought.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

The site is live and has been for approx one year.

Any other ideas?

Jan

Comment

Maybe the encryption key is required. On the original installation you can copy the encryption key:
        Housekeeping|Security - Encryption Key
        It's important to back this up - I don't think it forms part of the snapshot (but not sure).

Comment

Hi,

Maybe the encryption key is required. On the original installation you can copy the encryption key:
          Housekeeping|Security - Encryption Key
          It's important to back this up - I don't think it forms part of the snapshot (but not sure).
          The encryption key is stored in the registry and is taken as part of a snapshot (it wouldn't be if the just the site directory is copied across). If this was the problem then I would expect an error that said something like, "you are trying to access an order past its end"

The site is live and has been for approx one year.
          Did you check the network settings in the 'order manager' copy?
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X