Errors on page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors on page

Not exactly an actinic question, but I have recently noticed in explorer that I get a little message in the bottom corner of my site saying:

"Done, but with errors on the page"

Does anyon eknow an easy way to try and find the error so that O can adjust the code.

See www.eyecare-cosmetics.co.uk for na example of what I mean.
    www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
    www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
    www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
    www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
    www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

This is a JavaScript error.

Best thing to do is get a copy of Firefox, view your page, open a new tab and enter:

Code:
    javascript:
    press return.

This will bring up Firefox's JavaScript debugger which is VASTLY superior to IEs hopeless offering.

It will pinpoint your exact problem.
    Chris
    -----
    http://www.livingaidsonline.co.uk

Comment

Using Firefox 2 and its error console, the problem is in this code
      Code:
      OnLoad="PreloadImages('acatalog/home2.gif','acatalog/brochurebutton2.gif','acatalog/brochurebutton2.gif','acatalog/brochurebutton2.gif','acatalog/brochurebutton2.gif','acatalog/brochurebutton2.gif','acatalog/brochurebutton2.gif','acatalog/shop2.gif','acatalog/home2.gif','acatalog/back2.gif','acatalog/info2.gif','acatalog/search2.gif','acatalog/cart2.gif','acatalog/order2.gif','acatalog/mail2.gif'):MM_preloadImages('acatalog/template_b2.jpg','acatalog/template_b3.jpg','acatalog/template_b4.jpg','acatalog/template_b5.jpg','acatalog/template_b6.jpg','acatalog/template_b7.jpg')"
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Any suggestions as to what the error could be as this code appears to be entirely generated by Actinic and nothing jumps out at me.
        www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
        www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
        www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
        www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
        www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Comment

This is Actinic generated code BUT you have a snippet of code that shouldn't be in there:

Code:
          :MM_preloadImages
          This looks suspiciously like a stock bit of Dreamweaver JS code used for image rollovers.

I don't know how this has got in unless you've hardcoded the OnLoad="PreloadImages .....
          Chris
          -----
          http://www.livingaidsonline.co.uk

Comment

You are also loading the exact same image /acatalog/brochurebutton2.gif about seven times - that should not be.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
            X