Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advise on PSPs and chargebacks please

Hi

I am hoping some one maybe able to clarify a few things please.

I am about 90% the way through creating a web site for a client. The only real issue to deal with is the payment side which doesn't seem that straight forward. Because of his existing PDQ usage in the shop the plan was to initially use this to process the payments. My understanding is that this is no longer permitted and I will need to select a PSP. At the moment, because the majority (90%) of goods in the shop are purchased by Visa, my client has a relatively low % per transaction so I would appreciate anybody's thoughts on the most appropriate PSP.

The most worrying aspect though is chargebacks from which he has regularly suffered. He is reluctant, at the moment, to open up to the possibility of more via the website. I believe that many of the PSPs include chargeback protection but looking into this the cost is quite high. I did notice several companies offering chargeback insurance independently. Has anyone any experience with companies like this and perhaps an idea of cost?

Looking through the Forum it seems like schemes such as Early Warning and Experian can be used. However, if the PSP takes a payment how can these systems be used?

Any experiences, thoughts or advise on the above would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Trevor

He can continue to use a terminal but may need to pay for an extra one for internet orders. Actinic has a payment setting called credit card that will collect details for this purpose.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
    X