Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very very slow checkout page?

Hi all,

just a quick one the rest of my site is quick when it comes to downloading images and gerneral shopping but when you add something to the basket it seems to take forever??

i did have aproblem in which the actinic support sorted out, this was the problem below

"Ok, I have got to the bottom of this now.
    The code that creates the base href (the referencing URL that the page uses
    for links etc.) has been copied from the main brochure page template, which
    (because it appears outside the normal directory structure) has the 'base
    href' forced to http://www.shhh-itsourlittlesecret.co.uk , which means that
    the web server will always look for images and everything in this directory,
    and they are not there.

I have now corrected this code and added it to the template that is used for
    your checkout pages and attached a zipped copy to this email.
    Save the attached file and unzip it, then place it into your 'Site1' folder
    (if you have installed it to the default location, it will be in 'C:\Program
    Files\Actinic V7\Sites\Site1'), once you have done this run the command 'Web
    | Refresh Website' to replace the files."

do you think that this could of caused the checkout page to be so slow?

BR

www.shhh-itsourlittlesecret.co.uk contains adult content

Do you have SSL enabled on the checkout? That would explain a sudden slowdown. HTTPS communication is markedly slower than standard HTTP.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I just had a try at your site and agree completely with Bill. The images etc are coming from SSL links. Try running your site without SSL and then see how the speed changes. That said even with SSL I woiuldn't have expected it to be so very slow.

You don't need SSL for Protx or Paypal - only if you are accepting cc details directly.

Comment

just clarfiy when i go in to advanced network setup ssl should not show up at all, i mean the tab behind standard, if so i have not got ssl enabled and have not for about a week now?

but when i hover over the checkout page the bit at the bottom of the website when you can see where the link is coming from is saying that it is trieing to download the image from https?

BR

Comment

Correct in what you say.

Try a purge and refresh - if that still shows the problem you might try and change the script ID number.

Comment

i have just done the purge and refresh which took ages!! but still no change to the check out speed?

how and what does changing the scripe id number do? ( i have not herd of this?)

BR

Comment

Advanced Network Settings - Common Settings - CGI Script ID Number

Comment

ok got that but my hosting company have a doc that says the script no that you need?

what would i change it too?

BR

Comment

if your hsting comany tells you with cgi script number to use you can not change this. Its because you are using a shared cgi-bin.

Other hosts give you your own bin thus you can change script numbers

Comment

right ok, so what is next that i can do to get this problem sorted as at the moment no one will wait the length of time it is doing at the mo!!

BR

Comment

Working...
                    X