Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image Problem

Hi

Don't know if anybody out there can offer me any advice.

I've just installed my copy on Catalog on a new PC and imported my site. However I cannot get any of my existing images to show in the page preview pane or the Browser preview. I've double (treble) checked the path for the images and also cross-checked them with the image properties. I've been on this all afternoon and am now at a total loss.

Any ideas guys????

Regards

Joanne

Are your images in Site1 or a sub folder of Site1?
    What is your path to your images for a product?

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your reply

No, the images are not in Site 1 or a sub directory. The are in path originating in 'My Documents'. The images on my old computer were in the same format so should that be a problem?

Thanks

Jo

Comment

I would recommend you place all your images in your Site1 folder or a sub folder of that. This will be worth the effort even if you need to change the image paths in the product details etc. You will have less problems if you do so.

Check if it works - reconfigure one product for the path to Site1 and copy it's image into Site1 and test it.

Comment

Duncan

Tried that - still no success.

Any more ideas?????

Jo

Comment

Are you using IE7?
            Can you try a browser preview and then copy the url into firefox and test that?

Comment

Duncan

Haven't tried that yet (getting a bit technical). I am using IE7 on this machine, however if that did cause the problem, surely I would still be able to see the images in the page preview section of Actinic?

Nice website BTW.

Jo

Comment

The preview in Actinic uses the IE browser so it may be related and some people do have issues with IE7 and Actinic. Try a search on the forum for IE7, you may find other posts with similar issues.

Comment

copy the one image you are using as a test into the PreviewHTML folder...

can you see it now?

Comment

Jo

I've copied it across and I can see the image when I key the path into my browser.

Thanks

Jo

Comment

Working...
                    X