Bouncing to Homepage rather than product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bouncing to Homepage rather than product

I've noticed today that when an item is placed in the shopping cart, the customer is bounced back to the Search page. Indeed I just tried again and I was bounced back to the Homepage this time.

Very odd as previous to today you are always bounced back to the original product page (which is how I wish it to be).

Now after several attempts I am always getting bounced back to the Homepage, regardless what I add to the basket.

The one thing I have changed today is adding some html to make the logo clickable (to return you to the homepage). I followed a previous post and it worked fine.

Could this be related? What controls the bouncing destination when an item is added to the cart?

I've got a feeling this is firewall related, in the absence of a link to the site, try a forum search as it has been raised before

Comment

I'm not sure how a firewall would affect it but then again I'm not sure of anything right now :-)

I did find something similar and an answer from Bruce :

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...adding+to+cart

However I've checked my settings and I have no bounce page specified.

I've removed the html i put in the templates to make the logo clickable, just in case this was causing a problem but its still the same.

I'll check another pc tomorrow and see if the problem persists. Be interested if anyone else has had this problem (cart bouncing to homepage instead of product page).

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Dave
        I'm not sure how a firewall would affect it but then again I'm not sure of anything right now :-)

I did find something similar and an answer from Bruce :

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...adding+to+cart

However I've checked my settings and I have no bounce page specified.

I've removed the html i put in the templates to make the logo clickable, just in case this was causing a problem but its still the same.

I'll check another pc tomorrow and see if the problem persists. Be interested if anyone else has had this problem (cart bouncing to homepage instead of product page).
        sorry I meant Zonealarm type stuff, try a search using this as keyword as there are threads about not being redirected to products but to home page instead

Comment

Oh yes I understand now. Well I've just tested on another pc with IE7 and the page bounces correctly (back to the product) so it must have been an issue on my pc or with my browser perhaps. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
          X