Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

I have been talking to the guys at my hosting support and they have asked:

"Can you tell me the full URL of the install script where you enter that data or the configuration file that you edit as well as the full URL to the script that is generating the error."

Also, i have tried putting different smtp servers in there and they do not work either, would the configuration throw up a SMTP server error if the cgi script's were not working properly?

Dan
    Nineplus.com - Surfboards, Longboards, Wetsuits and Accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by sgtbash
      Hi all,

I have been talking to the guys at my hosting support and they have asked:

"Can you tell me the full URL of the install script where you enter that data or the configuration file that you edit as well as the full URL to the script that is generating the error."

Also, i have tried putting different smtp servers in there and they do not work either, would the configuration throw up a SMTP server error if the cgi script's were not working properly?

Dan
      There is no install script per ce on the server, you are uploading via FTP. All you are doing is PUBLISHING your work not installing. Sounds like they think it is PHP/MySQL....

The store is rendered by the viewers browser like any other site, HTML, tabular layout, css yada yada...

Have you tried using the network set up wizard?
      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

If i run the network wizard it will get past the cgi settings (which havent changed) and fail at the SMTP settings which i know are correct and work as it is a "in use" email account. It gives the error:
        "An error occurred while sending an HTTP request to the web server. Perhaps your network is down or the web server is down. Try again or contact your network administrator or ISP correct the situation."

Comment

Try putting 'localhost' in as smtp server with no passwords or anything else mail related in there.

Comment

Hi, tried that using both the advanced network and wizard and i recieve the same errors as before

Comment

did you do as Lee suggested with 'localhost' and leave the other settings blank in that section?
              Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
              Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Yeh ive tried that one.

Comment

Hey,

I have just made a discovery.

I have made a new site in actinic and tested network settings for another domain hosted with the new company and they worked first time without putting any smtp details in.

(using the advanced network screen)

If i enter smtp details it will then give the "cgi script error"

does this suggest anything?

Dan

Comment

Another development.

Updated the "above" sites network settings with a SMTP mail server without having "send me an email when there are orders to download" inside the business settings > ordering menu.

and it successfully went through and sent me the test email

only when i ticked the "send me an email when there are orders to download" box is ticked will it give me a cgi script error.

hmmm

Dan

Comment

ok... so now its working.

i changed nothing, i did nothing, no server configs were changed, dns was done updating days ago.

but its working

everything

im confused and quite annoyed.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                      X