Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NETQUOTEVAR for current page URL

Hi,

Anyone know if there's an undocumented NETQUOTEVAR to insert the current page url (preferably url encoded)?

Can't see anything in the AUG NETQUOTEVAR dictionary or on the forum.

I want to use this in Act_ProductLine.html to pass the current page url as a GET parameter to an external script.

I'll do this with js or php if there's no NETQUOTEVAR

TIA
    Chris
    -----
    http://www.livingaidsonline.co.uk

You will need to use js or php to do this for you. You could also look at creating a customvar and use the value field to pass the URL you require to the script.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

You'll probably have to use JavaScript (location.href). There are some gotcha's.

Watch out for pages linked from the search results. If you use highlight search results, then these pages come via a cgi-bin script. Likewise for Business sites with logged in customers; all product pages come via cgi-bin.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
        You'll probably have to use JavaScript (location.href). There are some gotcha's.

Watch out for pages linked from the search results. If you use highlight search results, then these pages come via a cgi-bin script. Likewise for Business sites with logged in customers; all product pages come via cgi-bin.
        Thanks Norman,

I'll probably stick with PHP's $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'], the gothca of this being privacy software disabling / mangling the referrers.

Good point about highlighted search results (I do use these) so will avoid the js route.
        Chris
        -----
        http://www.livingaidsonline.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X