Creating a quote from actinic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a quote from actinic?

Is there a quick and easy way to prepare a quote for a customer from actinic?

I guess a good way would maybe have a button on the checkout that just displayed it the basket contents in an easily cut and paste-able format (then paste it into a word template), or even display it in quote format so it could be printed.

Then I could create quotes and print them to PDF, and e-mailed to customer.

Just wondering if anyone has done that already? or has a better way?
    John

If you want to format any page of your actinic for printing, you can specify an alternate stylesheet for printing using something like:

Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="acatalog/print.css" media="print" />
    Placed in Act_Primary.html

You can then specify a new page style, including the hiding of images

You can also wrap, say a left column, nav bar, right column in a <div> and set its visibility to none, thus removing unnecessary clutter.

When you print, this alternate stylesheet is used.

If you want to see what I mean, have a look at my site (url in sig) "view cart" after adding an item and try "print preview".

Is this the sort of thing you're after?

NB You can also turn on previously invisible <div> tags in print.css, thus activating elements only for printing.
    Chris
    -----
    http://www.livingaidsonline.co.uk

Comment

Hello John,

You could put the order in using an internal 'QUOTES' account - so that your details appeared on it and then export it to RTF (using OSA), enter the final details in word and then email it to the person. Using the account would make it easy to track the progress of the quotes because you could then change it into an order if the quote was accepted.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by clefty
        If you want to see what I mean, have a look at my site (url in sig) "view cart" after adding an item and try "print preview".

Is this the sort of thing you're after?
        Hmm... not sure that would work - I wouldn't want the buttons and would want it to say 'quote' rather than 'cart'.

btw. a lot of your graphics were broken when I went to your site, but maybe that was just me...?
        John

Comment

internal 'QUOTES' account

Listen to Jan - You know it makes sense

It's' what we do also.

Process an online order filling in the customer details as required - Use the coloured tags on the order page ( Say Green is Quotes - uncoloured are normal orders)

Comment

but then doesn't it get included in all the totals? (which I use for VAT reporting etc)
            John

Comment

Originally posted by 10outof10
              Listen to Jan - You know it makes sense

It's' what we do also.

Process an online order filling in the customer details as required - Use the coloured tags on the order page ( Say Green is Quotes - uncoloured are normal orders)
              I'm very interested in this too but I couldn't see any coloured tags on your order page. Could you send me a link please so that I could see what you mean.

Thanks
              Richard
              www.worldofenvelopes.com

Comment

I'm very interested in this too but I couldn't see any coloured tags on your order page. Could you send me a link please so that I could see what you mean.
                He means the order colours Richard, you can set these in One Stop Order Processing and on the Actinic order tab by right clicking, to stop the values getting included in VAT totals etc you would need to cancel the items after a certain number of days (or even immediately thinking about it - you can reinstate it if the customer decides to go ahead - although even then you might be better off putting in a new order so that the order dates etc are correct).

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                X