Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic SSL Vs Our Own SSL

Hi,

We are just looking into putting SSL into place on our website, and thus far we have had a few options of how to do it

the 2 main options we are looking at

1) Our Host provides Individual SSL Certs for customers

2) Actinics Shared SSL Service

Could anybody tell us the pros and cons of each of these systems. Any recommendations from people who have already installed an SSL system on there site would be appreciated as well

Thanks
    Andy
    www.incredibid.co.uk

I had SSL through out my site (supplied by Geotrust) but found it slowed down my customers browsing. Every page was encrypted and it caused some lag.

I've dispensed with encrypting my whole site and now just encrypt the payment page that the customer enters their credit card details into. This is done automatically as I use Worldpay's payment processing.

Just my experience, perhaps not quite the same scenario as yourself.

Comment

I built many sites using Actinics SSL and its easy to set-up and works well. The only downside is that you cannot customise the payments page but I hope they are working on this.

Comment

We only intend to encrypt the checkout pages,

Originally posted by RuralWeb
        The only downside is that you cannot customise the payments page but I hope they are working on this.
        How does the Actinic Shared SSL pages look to the customer,

Does it work in the same way as the rest of the pages, does it still have our store logo at the top and our navigation on the side,
        Ideally we would like it to seem like the customer has done everything ON our site, but with the "golden padlock" appearing when they go to the checkout

Would anybody who is using the Actinic Shared SSL be able to show us what their Card Entry page looks like so we can get a rough idea what ours would look like

Thanks
        Andy
        www.incredibid.co.uk

Comment

We only intend to encrypt the checkout pages,
          Then Actinic SSL is no good for you - you will need your own SSL cert to do this.

Lots of threads on the forum about this so have a search

Comment

Hi Andy

Does you host offer a shared ssl?
            Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
            Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

erm, not that I am aware of.

I have asked about SSL and was told they could give us our own SSL cert, they didn't mention a shared SSL cert,

Andy
              www.incredibid.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X