Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page Preview Freeze!

Guy's

First post on this forum! As I am sure with many of you, it was borne out of frustration!

I am working on Business version 7 and have recently been suffering from "Page Preview Freeze"!

As I make off line adjustments to my catalogue, the preview page used to display these changes in real time (I have it set to very fast refresh rate). I have now noticed that it seems to have a mind of its own!

It certainly does not change as I work and seems to totally "freeze"

Have any of you guys come across this and how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum.

Most of us tend to disable the preview and use the "preview in external browser" method as is removes the annoyance of sitting waiting for the window to refresh when swapping between section

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi Jont,

Thank you for the advice! How do I go about that?

Regards

Michael

Comment

On the preview toolbar click the option with 2 boxes ... the 3 box option has the preview window included

Bikster

Comment

Thank you!

Is this a well documented problem?

Regards

Michael

Comment

Reasonably well known. It is generally not a problem with smaller databases and for low maintenance sites but as the site increases the time seems to increase .. . probably compounded if you are doing a lot of work on the site as what is only a few seconds can seem like minutes.

The inbuilt preview uses Internet Explorer but if you have say Firefox set as your default system browser hitting the "external preview" launches Firefox ... this can be preferable if you are doing a lot of design modifications.

Bikster

Comment

Working...
            X