Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Mouseover CSS Script in IE

Hi,
    I have incorporated a css script in my product description which enables a user to move their mouse over a thumbnail and have a larger version of the image pop up in frame. Whilst this works well in Firefox it looks horrible in IE. I'm guessing this something to do with the positioning attribute in the css, but to be honest I'm out of my depth and I've only been able to get this to work more by luck than judgement.

I'd really like to get this working as it would prove invaluable in displaying products with different views/larger images. I'd be grateful for any advice anyone can offer.

Here's the relevant link.

http://www.pro-streetcycles.com/acat...f_Jackets.html

Thanks
    Phil

I checked the site in IE6 and it did not look bad at all. Are you viewing it in IE 7?

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
      I checked the site in IE6 and it did not look bad at all. Are you viewing it in IE 7?

Kind regards,
      Hi Bruce,

Thanks for taking a look. I managed to solve the problem this morning - I guessed right and it was how IE deals with the fixed attibute in the css. Changing this to absolute; and then working with the positioning of enlarged image -solved the problem.

Thanks anyway.
      Phil

Comment

Glad it is working
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Phil - nice effect and put to good use.

Maybe worth using border="0" as the blue on hover is not really inkeeping with the overall colour scheme.

Good to see something a little different from an Actinic store.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
            Phil - nice effect and put to good use.

Maybe worth using border="0" as the blue on hover is not really inkeeping with the overall colour scheme.

Good to see something a little different from an Actinic store.
            Thanks for the advice, Jont. Seems to have had the desired effect and orders have increased after its implementation.

Thanks
            Phil

Comment

Phil

Thats a real good addition, nice feature.

However on 1024 res, i can only see half of the image as it shoves it into the bottom right hand corner. If i view it on 1280, its cool. Id advise having this nice feature setup for users on 1024 as i think this is a pretty standard res nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                Phil

Thats a real good addition, nice feature.

However on 1024 res, i can only see half of the image as it shoves it into the bottom right hand corner. If i view it on 1280, its cool. Id advise having this nice feature setup for users on 1024 as i think this is a pretty standard res nowadays.
                Many thanks for the feedback, Lee. I see what you mean about the images at 1024 - all my pcs are set at 1280 which is why I missed it. I'm not sure what the best way will be to implement this in the css - I'll have to see what I can come up with.

Phil

Comment

Phil

I regularly use 1280, however i always have a second screen setup as 1024, so i can see how most will see things. If you cater for 1024, then most of your visitors will be fine.

It should just be a case of changing the positioning within the CSS, will look great then, i'm sure many people would like something like that on their site.

Comment

Perfect now!

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                      Perfect now!
                      Works ok at 1024 but now there are problems at 1280 with the popup image masking some of the thumbnails Possible solution to this would be to change the default product layout to text to the right of the image for all products, so the thumbnails appear on r/h side.

Comment

Working...
                      X