Creating Sub Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Sub Section

Hi, I am trying to create some sub sections in my V6 website, www.kerrybee.com as they are getting a bit full. For example, in the section 'Designer' I want to split the products into 3 different sections from 3 different ranges. I have managed to create the 3 sub categories with logos to click on, and a short description, but when I click on them, it does not take me to the products I have put in the sections. I wonder if anyone can help please?
    I have attached a screenprint of the tree, so it may help you. I bet it's really obvious! Thanks
    Mike
    Attached Files

Have you actually uploaded the site since adding your sub sections?
    Clicking on designer shows only product, but no sub sections.

Comment

Hi, No I haven't uploaded the site as my alterations were not working, and I did not want potential customers to see it in a state of dis repair! I will do it now though.Thganks for the tip.
      Cheers

Comment

Hi, I have uploaded the site now, and the result appears to be just the same as in offsite preview. I have managed to get a page of script in it somehow too. Help!! Mike

Comment

Oh dear! I can see you have problems.
          Vacari range section shows a load of NQV's.
          Its unclear from your tree what should be showing.
          Could you repost the tree fully expanded, so the products in the sub sections are on show.
          I couldn't get to your sitemap either.
          By default, its created at http://your site/acatalog/sitemap.html
          If you have a sitemap, please post the location, as that will help us see the store layout you are trying to achieve.

Two questions (going down the bleedin' obvious route first ):
          1) have you actually added your product to the newly created sections?
          2) have you attempted to edit the templates (which might explain the code showing in the section)).?

Comment

Hi, Thanks for your help. I have expanded and attach as much as I can. I have just noticed that all my dreamgirl product has dissappeared too! Never mind eh.Will try and find the site map now. Cheers, Mike

Comment

Now with attachment :-(

Mike
              Attached Files

Comment

To try and answer your questions, firstly, though I have been running this site for years, I am a complete idiot with actinic. Every time I attempt something, it all goes wrong, so I tend to leave well alone till the feeling builds up that something fresh needs doing!
                1. I cut and pasted product in ( Well thought I did)
                2. I have not attempted to alter templates, just chosen the design choices to get the layour right.
                3 Cannot find a site map I'm afraid, but don't really know where to look.

Cheers, Mike

Comment

From the newly expanded tree, you can see that the Hustler and Dreamgirl sections don't contain any products on your system, so they won't display anything when clicked.
                  How have you tried to add products to these sections?

The Vacari section is the only section that contains any products.
                  Do these show up locally when you do a page preview?

Comment

Hi Fleetwood,
                    I know there is no product in them. The dreamgirl did have, but they have disappeared, and I will load up the Hustler once the other is working. It should show the Vacari product though? Mike

Comment

I have just popped a product in the greamgirl section. Please see expanded tree attachment. Cheers, Mike
                      Attached Files

Comment

Try dragging the products to the section named vacari instead of the one named vacari range (I'm not sure why you need this 3rd level), and delete the vacari range sub section.
                        If you want introductary text, its best achieved with a dummy product, rather than another section.

Comment

Please upload any changes, so that I can see the effect.

Comment

Hi Fleetwood,
                            That is done now, and an attachment of the new tree. I'm sorry about the time, I had to go out, and I have to again. I will catch up in the morning. I really appreciate your help, but something has cropped up. Cheers, Mike
                            Attached Files

Comment

The product added to the DReamgirl section appears to display correctly, but your section layout is confusing, as it creates what appears to be an empty section (it in fact contains the single line link leading to the products, but as the hierachy is too complex, it gets lost

Instead of
                              Designer | Dreamgirl | DReamgirl Range | Dreamgirl Collection | Chiffon product

You want simply

Designer | Dreamgirl |Chiffon product

If you are wanting to add introductory text above the products, you need to add a dummy product containing text only, not a new section.

Designer | Dreamgirl |text all about the dreamgirl range (added as a non-orderable dummy product)

Designer | Dreamgirl |Chiffon product

If you don't follow, please let me know.

No idea what happened in section 3 (with all the NQV's showing).
                              I would just delete that section and start again, as you have it working in the dreamgirl range section.

Comment

Working...
                              X