Changing addresses on crucial link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing addresses on crucial link

Hi everyone! Last week I inquired about the ability to change the main catalog link to an address I specified and found out that wasn't going to be possible. See here.

This morning my manager has asked that I find some way of doing this.

The problem with our particular site is that the default catalog page is not cohesive with the rest of our site, as we have numerous categories.

Instead of anything defaulting back here we need it to go here .

Since I've now been instructed to clear up the matter or else, is there anything that can be done? We have two websites I have to do this with.

If you need to change the location that a normal Actinic 'Action' link connects to, then you would need to hard wire the link as opposed to letting Actinic do it for you.

This would mean changing the entire process that the Actinic software would normally employ, i.e. NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE for example would position all of the default images and links for you.

You would have to comment that out and then replace it with the individual calls like: NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBSEARCH, NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCHECKOUT, NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCART, NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBMAIL, NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBSITEMAP and so on.

Obviously miss out the one that links to the wrong page as far as you are concerned, and hard code the image (with mouseover code) and your HREF link in its place.

This is the only way that I can see that you can do this if I have understood your problem correctly.

All the best.....

Comment

You could also use a prominent brochure fragment on the home page of your store, with a great big image that says 'Enter Store' which links to the URL that you want it to.

You can then just remove all values relating to the 'Link to Catalog' from 'Design Options | Brochure'.

Comment

Thanks so much, will give all these a try and let you know how it goes.

Comment

Somebody pretty please tell me step by step where to start.

I can see that I need to be able to change the Footer but I have no idea where to start.

Thanks!

Christy

Comment

1) Create a nice image about 500 pixels in width that says 'Enter Shop'.

2) Create a new brochure fragment on the front page of your store.

3) Use a layout of 'Image Only' and select your 'Enter Shop' image in the 'Image' field.

4) Tick the 'Link' box, tick 'Image Clickable' and in the 'URL' field, enter the URL of the page that you want people to see as the first page in the store.

5) Click OK and then go to 'Design | Options | Brochure'.

6) Go to the 'Link to Catalog' area and remove the values from 'Text of link' 'Normal' and 'Highlight' fields.

7) Click 'OK' and then upload the store to test it.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X