Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legal requirements for invoice?

Hi community,

I have been told that every invoice requires a unique number for legal purposes. Is this true or is the automatically generated invoices with unique ORDER NUMBER only ok to send to customers.

shhh!!! Ive been using these but dont tell anyone if its not allowed!!!!

Anyway I cant believe it would be built into your software if it was illegal so can anyone put my mind at rest please?

Thanks,

Bracks.

I;'ve never heard of this as a requirement, but then again I am no legal expert. The order number generated by Actinic is not unique, the system copes more than happily with duplicate order numbers. There is a unique order sequence number held in the database but this is not displayed on the invoice or anywhere else.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

The invoice order number is made up of characters from the buyers name (first name, surname etc), then from some of the postcode provided and then 1000000xxx, with xxx being incremented as order processes are conducted within your site.

So the order number is unique in that respect.

Comment

You can actually have duplicate order numbers, it is unlikely but not impossible.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I would put it around another way.

The system is supposed to generate order numbers and hence unique invoices. However, it would be possible by moving to a new web site and not re-setting the order sequence (which you can do from 6.1 onwards) to get duplicates. If you do, the system will cope with them.

Under normal operation, you will get unique numbers.

Chris
          Actinic

Comment

Thanks for your help all,

Im happier about it now!

Comment

Working...
            X