X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text field as component?

Hi,

Hope someone can help.

I am building a site selling spectacles and have lots of components and attributes to display the eye sight information required. One of the fields is Axis where it varies widely and would require the user to input it into a text box rather than selecting it from a drop down list.

Is it possible to create a inputtable text field as a component and have the info parse through?

Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated!

TIA
    pwh

Norman Rouxel over at www.drillpine.biz has put together several opticians websites in Actinic using a variation on his multi other info prompt patch. Well worth getting in touch with Norman - the patch cost is shown on his site - look for a link to Actinic Stuff.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

There was a thread just before/after christmas by someone building a similar site where similar questions were asked.

Comment

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction, however can I please confirm does this add on only work if you have the quantity add to cart switched on?

Currently my site is a singular add to cart process as the contact lense prices varies by months bought rather than quantites dependant by user selection of my components i.e. 3, 6 or 12 months.

I am now adding the spectacle ranges which does not require this and can have quantity add to cart but I am unsure whether you can have the contact lense section as singular add to cart and then the spectacle section quantity add to cart?

Hope this makes sense....!

Thanks again

Comment

Drop into the drillpine forum and have a read - the question may have been asked and answered there. If not, sign up and ask on that forum, and Norman will respond PDQ.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I've had a reply from Norman and he's confirmed the add on only works with "quantity on product pages"..

Anyone know if this is doable in Version 8 and whether it's worth me upgrading?

TIA

Comment

You could use Quantity on Product Page for these items, but with an alternative Product Template that replaces the Quantity input field with a hidden one, preset at 1.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks everyone, after all that the owner wants it all in drop downs now!

Thanks for all the advice and help.

Comment

Working...
                X