X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

add to cart redirect and order details

Hi,

I have a couple of problems I would be grateful of any help with -

1) when I add an item to the basket it goes to the bounce page and shows what is in the basket but then redirects to the opening page of the brochure, can this be changed to redirect to where the visitor came from in the catalogue? ie they choose an item and quantity, add this to their basket, after added the bounce page takes them to where they left, please see www.cutpriceprinterink.co.uk

2) can the order details page show custom variables with the reference so that visitors can see in full what they have in their basket rather than only seeing the reference.

Many thanx to anyone who can help

John

Hi John

1) When I add to cart on your site, I get bounced to the product page I came from. Are you using a firewall (Norton 2003) when viewing the site? If so, I think that the referrer information is being stripped out by this and you will need to amend your firewall settings. (knowledge base article)

2) Unfortunately, the order details page can only show what is contained in the .cat files online i.e. reference, product name, quantity, price. I can only suggest to extend the description of the product.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your reply, I have taken off the firewall off but still have the same problem, however other sites built with actinic worked before I took the firewall off.

I have another problem which I am wondering if it is related, I uploaded a site with version 5, when I confirm my purchase on the site it comes up with an error, cannot find script.............." however the site works fine on other computers.

It would appear it is a problem only from this computer other than the computer being female (ie temperamental hehe ) have you any idea what this could be, bearing in mind that other peoples sites I have visited work fine on this computer, I uninstalled actinic, cleared all history, cookies etc but an at a bit of a loss.

Many thanx for your help

John

Comment

Hi Again,

found the problem it appears someone has installed to lots firewalls!!

Many thanx again

John

P.S. any idea what the difference is on the sites ie why other site will work with the same settings and mine wouldnt?

Comment

It could just be that you had a session file for your visit to that particular site, which had the wrong value stored within it for the 'Catalog URL'.

This sometimes happens if you are the person developing the site - and can he fixed by going to 'Help | Troubleshooting' and then clicking 'Purge all Session Files'.

Comment

many thanx

Comment

Hi,

this is probably a really silly question but I where is 'purge all session files in 'help - troubleshooting'.

I have been to help, then help topics, troubleshooting but the only info there is is help with themes

Please can you tell me where exactly it is as I am unable to find it

Comment

You will need v6.1.0 or later - check your version in 'Help | About Catalog...'.

If you have got it then go to the actual 'Help' menu and there is a 'Troubleshooting' option within that.

Comment

ah, many thanx

Comment

Working...
                  X