Downloads??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloads??

We sell personalised shirts and a new shirt that we are adding to our site needs a form to be downloaded filled in and returned to us. We would like the customer to order the shirt colour/size etc and pay online as normal but this new shirt includes something personal that the customer needs to be able to download a form fill it in and post it to us....is this possible? Will it be as a digital download??

Any one any ideas because I am confused.

Thank you!

Jenn

and post it to us
    what detail has to be posted.... this is a sure fire way of losing a sale.

what extra info do you require and yo can not get by inviting an upload?

Comment

Norman has a great multiple other info box donationware hack over at www.drillpine.biz that could be set up to harvest additional information.

I agree with Jo - asking to download, complete and post additional information will certainly lose some sales - you need to grab their money whilst you can

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

we are in the business off wedding t-shirts and sell diamante Mrs X t-shirts.

www.missglitzy.com

We want to put 'bride to be's' new signature onto t-shirts.
        They will sign a document that they download (perhaps a PDF) and post it to us where we will scan it in to our system in order to print the shirt.

hope that makes sense.

Jenn

Comment

Also at the above site Norman has an upload facility (his example is on a ID card I recall) which you could incorporate - that would require them to scan the signature.

You can still ask them to download a file - either using the digital download facility if you have Actinic Business or simply link to the file from the product description... see recent threads on PDF files for advice on how to do this.

Bikster

Comment

Right Thanks for the info, sorry to be a pain.

I am going down the PDF route.
            I found the post explaining and done what it says
            (well thought I had) but it doesnt work??

I have entered:
            !!<<a href="http://www.missglitzy.com/acatalog/yoursigform.pdf" type="application/pdf" TARGET="_blank">Your Signature Form</a>>!!

but it is going to a blank page ??
            Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Jenn

Comment

Have you uploaded yoursigform.pdf to your site?

Bikster

Comment

I saved the file in

C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\images\products\New Folder

I clicked on Additional Files and added it in there is that right

sorry

Comment

Adding to the Additional Files list and then uploading the site should upload the PDF. I have checked the link as provided and also get the page not found error.

If you have already uploaded the site and it is still not appearing (and have checked for typo's etc) may be worth FTP'ing the file to the site .. this can be done in Internet Explorer or a FTP program

Bikster

Comment

YEH! Thanks for all your help Jon, all sorted...many thanks!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X