Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Shipped email

Hi guys

Is it possible to change the email that actinic sends when we ship an order so that the shipping address appears before the customer address?
    We keep (and by we I meen the missus!) on sending goods to the customer address by mistake as the address gets pasted onto a label from this email.

Cheers

Paul
    www.theorderofinitiative.co.uk

From any of the Mail tabs, in any Order Record, open a new mail and click 'Manage Email Templates' at the top right.

Select the Order Shipped email and click 'Edit'

You can then 'cut' the shipping address and 'paste' it back in at the top.

You can edit any email template in this way to say exactly what you want it to say.
    Paul
    Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Thanks, what I find in the email though is this;

NETQUOTEVAR:CUSTOMER_DATA
      NETQUOTEVAR:ORDER_DATA
      NETQUOTEVAR:ORDER_LINES
      NETQUOTEVAR:ORDER_TOTALS
      NETQUOTEVAR:SSP_RATE_MESSAGE

I assume the addresses must be part of NETQUOTEVAR:CUSTOMER_DATA

Not really sure at all what to do with that? Is is something that can be changed?

Cheers

Paul

Comment

AHA, so it does. Sorry mate, my experience was actually based on my editting of ActCustomerEmail.txt because we don't use Order Shipped, I'd not looked at it. But I change the other templates quite regularly because I reiterate our delivery costs in them.

That's interesting though - even the Custom Email Template 'that you can create yourself' doesn't work from within the Order once downloaded.

I've been looking at this and I can't help, sorry I jumped in!
        Paul
        Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Thats OK, thanks for the responce

Comment

Paul,

An alternative idea.

Do you use the packing list report? If not you can use the report to print the packing label directly. I have a report you can use for a dymo labelwriter if you need one.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

What normally happens is we mark items as shipped, hit mail copy the address from there and past it into some label software and print the label. Then send email and print invoice out.
              What my wife keeps doing when in a rush is not looking down to see if there is a different delivery address.
              If I could have them displayed if the opposite order when the addresses are different she would never do it again and I would save myself a lot of sighs and raised eyebrows (but keeping my mouth shut).

Comment

Paul,

Have you thought of using Jan's integrated labels?
                That way you get an invoice or packing list with a re-printed sticky label for the parcel.

Alan

Comment

Paul,

I used to do it your way (with the same occasional hiccup).

As I don't use the packing list report, I've replaced it with a label report that print out the shipping label. So now all I do is:

1. Print the packing list (which prints out the shipping label instead).
                  2. Mark goods as shipped.
                  3. Print the invoice.

Put it all together and send out.

This is much quicker and less hassle than the way you're doing it, and with V8 can all be done by clicking the 'one step' button.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Sounds like a better way to do things.
                    Thanks for the help, got another big worry now to divert my attention so off to start another thread

Cheers

Paul

Comment

Working...
                    X