Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub section description?

Hi All

Im soon going to convert my site using the info on the advanced users guide so that the products are shown as thumbnails as opposed to a full page of products & info as they are now.

Before I do this it seems the description doesnt appear when enter into the sub section, the image shows up fine but no description? Any ideas why?

Also is there anyway that when i do have the thumbnails i could a single description at the top and the price at the bottom of the thumbnail?

Thanks

Aaron

Hi Aaron

Do you mean that the description text doesn't appear on the product page? If this is the case, check the productline template that you are using and make sure that NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION is included in it.

Customvars can be used to display extra variables on the section page. Create customvars called Description and Price and enter the values for each sub-section that is being used to display the thumbnail.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Hi Ben

Thanks for replying. The products description works fine but the sub section description doesnt work and isnt that what is going to be used for the description of the thumbnail?

Cheers

Comment

Hi Aaron

In that case, check that you have NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTEXT in your sectionline template.

Ben
        Ben Popplestone
        Ecommerce website software

Comment

Hi Ben

Yes I do have NETQUOTEVE:SECTIONTEXT in my sectionline template

Aaron

Comment

In 'Design Options | Layouts' what template are you using for your 'Default Section Link Layout'.

Also, have you accidentaly ticked 'Images Only' in the 'Location and Arrangement of Section List' area of 'Design Options | Sections'?

Comment

Working...
            X