Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload problems - FTP connection

Hi,
    Having problems with uploading my site. The site has been up and running for over a year, no problems. Over a week ago my ISP, Network solutions, decided to reset our FTP password without telling us. We then called them and got the new password.

I can login using any FTP program such as WS_FTP95 using the new password, but Actinic is acting up. I have entered the new password in the Network Setup section.

When trying to upload, I get the error message that it is unable to connect to the FTP server due to incorrect username and password.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Actinic, and no joy.

I can't even download orders anymore. I get the message box that says: As you have reinstalled the software please upload your site before trying to download orders...

I am sooooooooooooo stuck. has anyone had this issue?

Does it pass the network test?

Comment

Network test not successful

Sorry, forgot to mention that! I have ran the test, and the test failed.

Also, tried to run the Network Setup Wizard, and it also didn't let me connect to the FTP server: password not allowed

Anthing else to try???

Comment

Problem resolved

I installed a fresh instance of Actinic on a different PC and it started working. The problem is either the existing PC or Actinic on that PC. Will have a figure a way out for it. At least I'm up and running again!

Comment

Hi Fara,

I am having similar problems - see my posts of today

What firewall/security software do you have on the PC where Actinic FTP is not working?

Comment

Hi Barry,
            I have Symantec running on the problem PC. I also have the Windows Firewall enabled on that PC. I was suspicious of the anti virus software to begin with, so I disabled it and then tried. But, no joy!

I’ll look at your posts now. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

I have Symantec running on the problem PC. I also have the Windows Firewall enabled on that PC
              If you are running Norton then it normally requires that you turn off your windows firewall.

Comment

Hi,
                I did turn off the Windows firewall as well and no luck. I'll go through these steps again.

I have a general question (not really relevant to this topic). As I was trying to fix this issue, I created a snapshot of my site to import later. But, when I imoprted the snapshot after the re-install, my orders weren't there. Is there something I did wrong???

Luckily, I had backed up site1 so I didn't loose the orders, but I'm quite confused as to what happened there.

Comment

But, when I imoprted the snapshot after the re-install, my orders weren't there
                  When you import the sanpshot you need to select the import orders option

Comment

Thanks so much. You saved me from a heart attack!

Comment

Working...
                    X