Associated product component price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Associated product component price

I am trying to use an associated component product to display a product in more than one place in the catalog.

I have a product with a component

Product Pricing Model = Sum of compnents
    No order line for main product

Component uses seperate order line
    Uses associated product, VAT and description.

All this looks great in the crat, I get the associated product price etc, however I cant seem to get the price to display in the catalog.

I dont want to have to set the main product price as this defeats the object of using the component.

Is there any way to display the component price on the main product?
    Alan Stanley
    www.stuff-uk.net

Wish I had a quid for everytime this has been requested.
    Chris Brown

Comment

I guess we can do it with a database query in access -

Lookup the component, find its price and put it in the new product prior to uploading the site, shouldnt be too difficult.
      Alan Stanley
      www.stuff-uk.net

Comment

why don't you just put some html in the component to display the price?
        Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

Comment

Owen,

We have some 8,000 products and try to automate the process as much as possible. We didnt really want to add another price to another product as they change every day.

As we are not displaying any of the component info, just the main product it wouldnt work. All the user sees is the host product details without a price. We are actually selling the component.

Unless I am missing something here?
          Alan Stanley
          www.stuff-uk.net

Comment

You could update the 'HTML for Name' field for the components to display the price of the 'product'.

E.g. in the HTML for Name field for a component costing £4.99 - you could enter something like:

!!<<B>Price: £4.99 (Inc VAT)</B>>!!

That would appear under the product details, even though the component is non-optional.

Comment

Chris,

Just wrote a little update query to move the component price to the dummy product price. Takes about 5 seconds and works a treat.

Alan
              Alan Stanley
              www.stuff-uk.net

Comment

Hi Alan,

I've been following your thread and what I would like to do, is display the price for a component that has an asscoiated product without typing it in for everyone. It sounds like you may have solved the problem.

If this is the case, would you be willing to explain what needs to be done to achieve this.

Regards

Andrew J Sprott
                -----------------------------
                <a href=http://www.pramcentre.co.uk>http://www.pramcentre.co.uk</a>
                -----------------------------

Comment

Andrew,

It involves manipulating the Actinic database with an access update query report.

Its not something you should do if you are faint hearted or you dont want to screw your databse up. I strongly recommend taking lots of backups before trying it. ACTINIC Will not support this and neither I or they will help you if it goes wrong.

You need to link to the products and the product properties table in your actiniccatalog.mdb databse file in your site1 folder.

You then need to start a new query in access
                  Dont enter any tables
                  click on sql and enter the following

UPDATE (ProductProperties INNER JOIN Product ON ProductProperties.sString2 = Product.[Product reference]) INNER JOIN Product AS Product_1 ON ProductProperties.sProductRef = Product_1.[Product reference] SET Product_1.Price = [Product.Price]
                  WHERE (((ProductProperties.nType)=5) AND ((ProductProperties.bFlag1)=-1) AND ((ProductProperties.sString4)="none"));

This will only work if

Your main product has
                  pricing model:sum of component prices
                  No order line for main product ticked

and for the component
                  component as seperate order line
                  use associated product prices
                  use associated product tax

You might be able to change some or all of the above but it will change flags in the product properties table. The update query will have to be changed accordingly.

If you run this query from access after you have changed your main product prices and before you update your website the query will copy the component prices to the main product.

Again, DONT BLAME ME IF IT DOESNT.

Alan
                  Alan Stanley
                  www.stuff-uk.net

Comment

Working...
                  X