Order Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Problem

I've recently started to get a couple of problems with order downloads. The e-mail that I get informs me of, say, 3 orders: 13, 15, & 17. It appears therefore that orders 14 and 16 are missing somehow.

When I go to download them, a couple of the orders fail to download with the message "Error decrypting the order" - any clues to what is wrong? I'm just refreshing the site as I write this and will see if that helps.
    Dave

Still having a problem after a refresh. I've got orders 21, 22, & 24 but there is no 23. Is that unusual - ie have I lost order 23 or can it not appear in the download list because somebody cancelled something???
    Dave

Comment

Hi,

It is not unusual to have missing order numbers. This is usually because someone has gone most of the way through the order and has therefore, been given the unique order number but then decide not to carry on with it for some reason, or if you use a payment service provider, check in the 'Pending Payment Service Provider' tab to see if the missing orders are in there.

As to the 'Error Decrypting the Order' error, is this the full error? How do you take payments (ie Payment Service Provider or do you download the credit card details yourself)?

Are you able to ftp to your server and take a look at the order files (*.ord in the 'acatalog' folder)? Do they have a file size? If they are 0kb in size, check that you haven't run out of webspace as the files may not be able to be created.

Another possibility for this error is that you are trying to download an order that was placed in one version of the software (ie v7) into a different version (ie v6) - do you have older versions of the software on your pc?
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey

Thanks for your reply. I've been away for a week hence my delay in getting back.

To answer a couple of your points:

1. I figured myself that some of the missing orders in the sequence may have been incomplete orders so that clears that up.

2. All payments come through credit card via the Actinic encryption service that we pay for annually.

3. We did indeed run out of webspace and I have since got some more and this appeared to have cured the problem for a day or so but we are still getting this "error decrypting the order" message occasionally asking us to skip that order so that we can download the rest. We don't have older versions of Actinic running either. As I'm only the webmaster, I get an e-mail message for each order, detailing the purchasers name and address, copy of the item ordered. The last good order I received yesterday was no.55 in the sequence but then I received an e-mail notification of order no 28 (which first appeared on 5th Feb) showing clients name and address etc but no items ordered - haven't had that before!

I've just checked the acatalog file and there ARE 6 *ord files in there with 0kb sizes! Do you think these were created before increasing my webspace and should they be deleted?
        Dave

Comment

Hi Dave,

I've just checked the acatalog file and there ARE 6 *ord files in there with 0kb sizes! Do you think these were created before increasing my webspace and should they be deleted?
          Yes, they probably were created before you increased the size of your webspace and you should delete these files as they could be causing errors when you download.

The last good order I received yesterday was no.55 in the sequence but then I received an e-mail notification of order no 28 (which first appeared on 5th Feb) showing clients name and address etc but no items ordered - haven't had that before!
          I haven't heard of that before either, very strange. Were the customer details the same as for the order you received on 5th Feb? If so, then I can only assume that the email server has cached a corrupt copy of the receipt and for some reason just decided to send it out. I think this could be a one-off but it is worth keeping an eye on and letting us know if it happens again.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Tracey

I'll delete the *ord files and hope that's the end of the problem - I'll get back if it isn't. Meanwhile thanks a million for your help!
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X