Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I miss a bug fix? Major flaw in add-to-cart...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I miss a bug fix? Major flaw in add-to-cart...

When using components and attributes for a product - with a mandatory additional info box - in my case, the name of the domain to host - if the customer neglects to put the info required in the additional info box, Actinic correctly puts them back and highlights the box they need to complete.

So - the client dutifully adds the required information, and clicks the purchase button - it package is added to the basket - only the PRICE IS ZERO!!!!

If the client gets it right the first time, ie, they put the info into the required item field, then the problems doesn't happen...

try it:

http://www.aaabusinesshosting.com/actinic_hosting/

This is a MAJOR flaw... did I miss the patch?

regards

Greg

ps - I'm running 6.1.2. US Developer edition - I just checked the patches - there is nothing higher - and I have to ask - how the heck did this get missed - this is FUNDAMENTAL isn't it????
    Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
    Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
    NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Hi Greg

There is a later release of the software - v6.1.3. This is not available yet to US customers as our distributor has not yet concluded his testing.

I have just tried your scenario on my copy of 6.1.3 and it worked fine and added the price correctly to the shopping cart once the online customer enters a value into the 'Other Info' field.

As soon as the US 6.1.3 is available, I'll post a notice on the forum.

Comment

It's not listed as a "fix" in 6.1.3 - so I'm not supremely confident about it being a fixed bug in 6.1.3 US. Did it occur in 6.1.2 UK?

Comment

Hmmm... just tried this on a default copy of 6.1.2 and it worked for me fine.

There must be something happening with your particular site as the US build is identical to the UK build with regards to online cart functionality.

One thing you could do is to do a 'File Export' and then strip out all product data apart from the 'Hosting Product' that is giving you the grief.

If you attach the file to this forum then at least I can try and recreate it with your data.

Comment

Thanks for the offer Chris - Brian Johnson has taken a snapshot I produced and tested it in 6.1.3 US Developer, it doesn't do the same thing (apparently).

I'm grabbing the download now and plan on upgrading my dev machine to test it myself.

thanks

Greg

Comment

Working...
          X