Actinic Won't Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Won't Start

I am getting the error message below when I try to start Actinic.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

"There was a problem with the database

Operation: Opening the [SetupInfo] table where nGroupID IN (1)

Disk or network error.

Action: Contact your Actinic reseller or Actinic Support as appropriate"
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

In addition to the above I have now restarted the computer which then carried out a disk scan and found bad clusters in th Actinic Database file.

Now when I start Actinic it still fails but I get the following errors.

"Attempt to scroll past end before beginning data"

I click OK and then get error

"Unable to locate the business setings in setup database"

My computer seems to be fine with everything else though.

Any ideas?

Many thanks
    Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I hope you have other backups - 'bad clusters' sounds like your hard disk is on it's way out.
      Firstly I would copy all of the Site folder off the machine as well the Actinic Registry Keys (If you're not happy about looking in the registry then leave well alone).
      Secondly - try restoring a recent database backup or snapshot.
      Thirdly - if you still can't recover then you could try rasing a support ticket with Actinic to see if they can check the database.

Run scandisk again and check and repair any bad cluster/sectors that you can. I would also backup any other data you have on that hard drive asap.

Comment

Many thanks for the reply.

I was up most the night backing up and did get Actinic working around 6AM this morning by using an entire back up of the folder which had been made only 3 hours prior to the problem.

I only lost 6 orders from the system in this time which luckily I had already printed so I will enter these manually.

The problem was caused by Actinic Freezing whilst I was doing a Snapshot so I am hoping that this was the cause and not a failing disk.

The only bad clusters found were to do with the Actinic Database so I'm kind of hoping that the freezing was the cause.

Just to be safe my 2nd (older) machine is ready to take over and the site is backed up externally when ever the computer is idol.
        Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I find that Actinic often crashes during snapshot creation. Regularly compacting the database seems to help.

Comment

I find that Actinic often crashes during snapshot creation
            It can also look like its crashed but in fact it is still working and people close it down which also causes problems.

Comment

In my case the program closes itself down - not just hangs. It always works second time around so I've just got use to redoing it.

Comment

I think that I may have done what Malcolm suggests.

A little more patience next time and I might get some sleep, still another lesson to tick on the list. What will be the next lesson be?
                Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
                Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Working...
                X