Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the Sort order for the results page defined?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the Sort order for the results page defined?

Hi - when you do a sort on actinic catalog, what sort order are the results displayed in. Can the sort order be modified?

TIA
    Regards
    David

What exactly are you sorting?

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan - it is the search function. (for some reason I always get search and sort mixed up - doh!!!)

I have a section within the shop called "Benches". When I click on this link within the shop the benches are displayed in the order in which they appear in the catalog.

I have assigned each product withinin the catalog a custom variable CUSTOMVAR:CATEGORY - for benches this is benches.

When I search for benches the same list of products is displayed as above but in a different order. Can I get the search to display in the same order?
      Regards
      David

Comment

I think that the order of the search results are out of our control, take a look at http://community.actinic.com/showthr...search+results

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

...thats a shame.

Having a quick look it seems to sort the items by product number in the same way that Windows sort filenames i.e. 1, 117, 118, 1128 , 23, 24, 34.

Does anyone know if that is correct?
          Regards
          David

Comment

From looking at the order of the search results in the knowledge base, I think you are spot on.

Comment

:-) ... I opened this up with trepidation, I was sure another contradiction was on it's way.

Cheers,

Comment

hi Chris - is Jan right that the search order cannot be changed?

(...as Jan possibly awaits with trepidation again...)
                Regards
                David

Comment

[fx: wanders away, muttering, looking for the chocolate muffins]
                  ;-)

Regards,

Comment

...chocolate muffins - that sound nice. All I've got is a few stale custard creams and a packet of Asparagus cup-a-soup...
                    Regards
                    David

Comment

Originally posted by skinnybloke
                      ...chocolate muffins - that sound nice. All I've got is a few stale custard creams and a packet of Asparagus cup-a-soup...
                      Yes, but I put the chocolate muffins in the freezer so that I wouldn't eat them - found something else though :-)

Regards,

Comment

Well excuse me - but I am running a training course today and have just returned to my desk after a nice sandwich buffet.

The answer to your original question is yes - you are unable to change the sort order.

Comment

Working...
                        X