Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Query re Links tab in Product Details

Hi

I was trying to create a link from a product within the 'Product Details' section and went to the Links tab in this section. I clicked on the Advanced Link box and put in the Link text and URL and tried previewing the page, but no link showed up? For some reason the box that you can check that says 'Image clickable' was greyed out, so I couldn't select this box.

Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Thanks

Johanne

you need to put the text [LINK] somewhere in your product description (including the [ and the ] and all in caps),
    The advance link thingy will then replace that text with your 'link text' and make it a link to your URL

[LINK] goes here

becomes

My Link goes here

Hope this helps

AndrewPK
    www.incredibid.co.uk

Comment

Hi Andrew

Thanks, that has done the trick.
      The only other problem is that I don't know why the check box for the 'Image Clickable' box is greyed out, as I wanted to do a link from an image, I wondered if there is a way around this.

Thanks

Johanne

Comment

That one I would have to pass on!

I always use the image to click out to a Larger image using the "extend info page" so i have never tried to make an external link "image clickable"
        Sorry

AndrewPK
        www.incredibid.co.uk

Comment

It might seem like a silly question, but does the product have an image associated with it, or at least a thumbnail?
          Your chosen product template should be one that includes an image too. :~)
          Developer v7.0.5;
          Dulcie Angel Bridal Accessories
          &
          Medscope Medical Diagnostic Equipment

Comment

Hi

Yes, the products do have images associated with them, I just don't know why the 'Image Clickable' box is greyed out. I'm not sure why it's there as an option if you can't select it? Is this option available on your version?

Thanks

Johanne

Comment

Have you got a "no image" layout?

Comment

I'm also curious about this - I've never seen this box not greyed-out.

Comment

Maybe one of those things, similar to why my check coding errors has never worked. Delete the thing and start again might be worth a try.

Comment

I've fiddled with this before on the basic demo site and never got it 'ungreyed'. I don't think it's something that's been done that caused it. I think it's either not really used has a mysterious dependancy.

Comment

Probably worth raising a support query then as none of us seem to understand it.

Comment

Hi

Yes, I think that would be a good idea.
                        Also I didn't use a 'no image' layout, just the standard to include an image, so it is confusing as to why it doesn't work?

Comment

Delete the whole product and try recreating it before you do, sometimes works.

Comment

Hi

I have tried doing this but it still doesn't work. I was wondering if it may be a possible software bug.

Comment

I just don't know why the 'Image Clickable' box is greyed out
                              Its always been like that - I think its there because it uses the same layout as the fragment link but is greyed out because actinic assumes you are going to use the ext info which makes the image clickable.

I seem to remember a similar question last year

Comment

Working...
                              X