No announcement yet.

Oups ! Vista patch for V7 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, got it wrong, its better not to promise that to give a date and not to deliver on it.

Cheers, Have a nice weekend all !!
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Nope!! as a customer we would rather be told an approximate date with a proviso that it may have to be extended, rather than be left in total darkness and have no idea. Some form of a timescale with a mentioned get out clause if you fail is far better.

If you think your customers would not like that, then you are naive.

Comment

Cheers for your input Lee - we'll take this on board.

In an earlier post you mentioned that it was
        much better to leave everyone in the dark.
        We adopted this approach with the shipping enhancements in 8.5.

With v7, it caught everyone here by surprise just how much work was required to get it to work with Vista so this is why we started mentioning it ages ago and still haven't got it out the door. There should be something out (at least in beta) before the end of February.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
          Cheers for your input Lee - we'll take this on board.

With v7, it caught everyone here by surprise just how much work was required to get it to work with Vista so this is why we started mentioning it ages ago and still haven't got it out the door. There should be something out (at least in beta) before the end of February.
          My earlier post was being sarcastic or ironic and was not what i think you should actually be doing. I have regularly voiced an opinion on how poor (at times) communication from Actinic actually is.

If its going to be 6 weeks, 6 months or 6 years, people react far better to being given a target timescale, you don't have to promise and you can always insert a get out clause if you have problems. Being left in complete darkness is very bad IMO.

You mention that you hope to have something beta out my end of Feb, which is perfect, why keep this from your users. Most users will understand the associated problems and development time you might require, communicating nothing at all is plain crazy. With people having some rough timescale now, they can sit back and ignore the issue until that date is somewhere near.

If you fail to relay information like this, i guarantee a large proportion of your users are thinking "they have V8 now, they don't care about V7, they will leave it as long as possible, in the hope we all upgrade". Spending time on old versions of the software must be a real pain in the ass for you (i sincerely feel for you), however it's necessary to uphold the reputation you are creating.

Thanks for the answer, IMO a much better way of doing things.

Comment

"they have V8 now, they don't care about V7"

Thats basically what I read it as. Considering we're all paying for cover etc and I'm sure the vast majority of Actinic sites are on still v7 anyway.

I really sympathise with users who are being virtually forced to upgrade to v8 and run a day to day business at the same time as learning a whole new breed of software.

Yours,

Mr Grumpy.
            Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

George, i would be astonished if at least 90% of users didn't feel the same. However, if they genuinely listen and take on board the comments and more importantly do something about it, that is all we can ask for.

The main problem is that people cannot be bothered to voice opinions, so companies carry on thinking they are doing everything great. If we change that, then they can also.

Comment

I have V8 as part of my Actinic Cover but can't upgrade as it screws my site up. For the near future I will be sticking with V7 but am having to hold fire on some more computers until it is Vista compatible.
                Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                Zirconium Rings
                Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I've had a couple of customers tell me that they can't log in to my website when using vista

is this a known problem too?

Comment

I've had no problems using my Actinic v7 sites on Vista or I.E 7. Getting Actinic itself to work on Vista of course is a different story.
                    KDM Digital Media - Actinic web design and hosting

Comment

It works for me!!

I run V7 with Vista, it all works except editing fragment text fields, had to do this manually.

To run with Vista I just installed and run as admin.

Comment

Working...
                      X