Session lock failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session lock failure

I recently moved my Actinic files to a new machine using snapshot with Actinic V6.1.5. After an upload I tried to purchase an item from the website. The next step after going to checkout (after entering country in drop down box) goes nowhere and eventaully returns a General Script Error similar to:

A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: ../htdocs/acatalog/62Z252Z64Z12A1167389308B5568.session can not be locked during Session init!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner

My hosting company are unable to explain it.

Can anyone else shed some light, please?

Jerry

Hi Jerry

Firstly please do a test of the Network Settings by clicking on the "Test" button in "Advanced | Network Setup", if the test passes ,change the "CGI Script Id Number" (found in the Common Settings area of Network Setup) to something else and then do a Web | Refresh Website. Once this is done place some test orders and check what happens.

On the other hand if the "Test" fails then please make a note of the error message that comes up and let us know what it is.

Kind Regards
    Kiran Chandran
    Technical Support - SellerDeck
    http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Dear Kiran

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately the Network Settings test has always worked (and I did retry). I changed the ID number and refreshed the website. I then tried to make a purchase. As before, after the first checkout page a failure and the message is:
      >
      A General Script Error Occurred

Error: ../htdocs/acatalog/62Z252Z64Z12A1167389308B5568.session can not be locked during Session init!
      Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner
      <

Sadly my hosting company deny any problems with their servers or setup.

Best regards
      Jerry

Comment

It looks as if the permissions are not correct on the acatalog directory, they should be 755 or 777.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
        X