Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 6 dropdowns

Hi

Is there any way to get V6 to run embedded HTML dropdowns with discreet hidden products (ie instead of Components & Attributes)?
    Back in V3 there was an alteration that could be made to Act_Primary.html that allowed this, but can the same change be made to Act_Primary.html in V6?

(The reason I ask is that we need Actinic to communicate with our external database, which obviously needs definative part numbers.)

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer...

Steve Robertson

Oh... and I've downloaded V6.1.3 as well, but it still don't flippin well work, despite the claims made at line 55 of http://www.actinicdownloads.com/v6/changes613.htm

HELP!

Steve Robertson

Comment

You can do this without having to hard-code javascript drop downs.

Create a product, which is going to be your main product to appear in the HTML. The create a component called something like 'Selection' and create some attribures and choices within that for all your available choices.

Then create a hidden product for each available choice within the component. These hidden products are the ones that will be linked to the external data.

Finally, go into the component, switch to the 'Permutations' tab and click 'Fill List'. Then, for each choice listed, select the appropriate hidden product in the 'Product' column.

Comment

Doh!

Thanks Chris. I was so set on doing it the old way I never even thought about that.

Is there any chance that the "product" selection drop down could be made searcheable in future? We have 1000's of products, so scrolling through the list is driving me insane!

Steve Robertson

Comment

I agree it can be a pain.

You can just type in the product reference to jump right to the item.

Comment

On the same subject, however probably a simple answer- is there a way to asign the same horizontal width to each drop down box on a page?

Thanks

Comment

I don't think there is any way to do this in HTML. Drop-downs re-size according to the maximum length of the values within it.

Comment

Hi Chris

Have tried typing part number into box to no avail, it has no effect. Still having to scroll through all products.

Comment

Hmmm... good point.

I'm sure I read somewhere it did that. Anyway, what you can do to help things is go to 'Business | Settings | Options' and tick where it says 'Show Product References when Editing Catalog'.

The products will now be ordered in the drop-down by product reference, and you can type the first few characters of the product reference to jump to that part of the list.

Comment

Hi Chris

Ah ha! Have figured it out. So the trick is to type the part number into the field, then open the drop down, which takes me directly to that part.....

Comment

Working...
                    X