X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get past initial ftp stage

Hi folks,
    I hope that this is in the right place?
    I'm not new to Actinic, but I haven't used it for over a year and a half. I've been building a site for a friend, and today I thought I would simply upload it.
    I only get so far as to the ftp proxy settings, and enter my details:

I keep getting the error message

Can anyone help? It's driving me nuts! Any help would be appreciated. I used the same host previously for another Actinic built site, and everything uploaded nice & fine, which is why I chose them again.

Are you sure you need to configure a proxy at all?
    I presume you can manually ftp into the host with an ftp client?

Comment

Thanks for that, I tried an ftp through Dreamweaver & CuteFTP, and guess what? Both programs won't let me ftp, it either times out or tells me that connection is unavailable.
      It doesn't really help me though, as i'm unsure what could be causing this or what settings I need to change outwith of actinic Have turned my Firewall off etc, but still unable to connect through an ftp client
      Any ideas?

Comment

If you can't ftp manually with a client then you won't get Actinic to connect either.
        I would recommend reading the hosts information pages about ftp first to check on the requirements. Although you have used them previously something may have changed or maybe it's a differnet package with them.

Comment

Look in the Actinic installation directory for a file called 'Mail2hst.txt'. Copy the contents of that file into and email and send over to your Host. The responses they send back to that will tell you if you can run Actinic on their server or not.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working!

Hi again folks, for some reason, no ftp clients were willing to work on my pc Even with Windows Firewall turned off after rebooting.
            I decided to reset the Firewall defaults, and restarted again with the firewall turned off, and this seems to have done the trick! Uploaded my Actinic catalogue with no problems
            Thanks everyone who replied!

Comment

Working...
            X