can a customvar be displayed in description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can a customvar be displayed in description

i am in the middle of designing a product layout, i was well into using customvars for the description as seen by user, in order that i could only actually have two products and hundreds of copies.

this may be a stumbeling block, the product description actually is "replacement planer blades" the customer sees eg: "black and decker 10013 replacement planer blades" through the addition of customvars.

this means in the cart it will just say "replacement planer blades" unless i can add the customvars in the short description.

i would just try it but the site is in array at the moment, and dont want to upload.
    Simbo thanks you in advance again

You can do that, you will need to set the customvar on the template you are using for the product. You can insert the CUSTOMVAR just before the PRODUCTNAME, something like this...
    CUSTOMVAR:YOURPROPERTY NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME
    You will have to create the customvar and in 'Advanced | Custom Properties' select 'Editable Custom properties for Duplicate Products', this will allow you to create a few customvars on a global level and you can then have different values to the original on the duplicates.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks bruce

but what i really meant was can the custom:var be placed in the product short description box at the admin level.

as when i place it in the template, it displays fine but is not searchable "quick search" and the full description is not displayed in the cart as its seen at the product level.

the cart picks up the product short description an displays thus,
      the search searches short description and displays results found that match,
      my customvars are technicaly not in the netqoutevarroduct name even though i can display them there.

BUT BUT BUT,, could i at a higher level, edit netqoutevarroductname and encapsulate my customvar:modelnum & customvar:manufacturer.

OR OR OR,, actually write the customvar into the short description directly so its automaticly encapsulated, much easier if poss, but would make for a rather messy and wide section tree .
      Simbo thanks you in advance again

Comment

Gary,

This will have to be added to the wish list. I will add it in for you.

Customvars are not recognised in the cart template hence will not carry the value forward unless it is the value entered for the 'short description' as that is what NQV: PRODUCTNAME looks at.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X