Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special Offers for Main Categories

Hi All,

I need to be able to display some products (special offers) on the 1st page of each main category.

i.e. say the website has GUITARS, DRUMS and KEYBOARDS as its main categories, we need to show a selection of special offers when you initially go to the category section.

How could this be done ?

Is there a way ??

Any advice or ideas gratefully received.

Cheers

Giles

One problem is going to getting them to display at the top of the page rather than the underneath the sections, you might have to edit templates and the like to do that if you use standard products.

I have two suggestions

1) Create HTML for the products in something like dreamweaver using code to add the products straight to the cart from the HTML, doing this you could create quite a nice looking special offer section and then you could write a template to include it the first section on the page (template basically says something like NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE <html page name>)

2) Use my product replication tool to replicate say 10 products, link these to the special offers and then change them as the offers change and the replicated product details will automatically change as well - you will have the same reference used for different products in your order - but that might not be too bad because you would be able to analyse how well your special offers were doing. Product replication uses external database linked and so is only available for business at the moment, also if you already use external linking to link your system to Actinic it would need more integration that usual. More details about product replication at http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Solutions.html. Give me a call if that doesn't make much sense.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
    X