Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout page indexed by Search Engine

Hi,
    My checkout page has been indexed by a search engine, the actual page indexed is:
    http://www.printerbase.co.uk/cgi-bin/ os000001.pl?ACTION=Start!

The problem is that because this page is linked to from outside of www.printerbase/acatalog/ the page is all screwed up and then if the visitor looks at other pages within the shop and then clicks on the checkout or basket button they still see the screwed up checkout/basket pages because of the existing session.

Is there any way to fix the checkout pages being called from outside of /acatalog/ ?

I have fixed my own links to the basket and checkout from outside of /acatalog/ using ACTINIC_REFERRER, I just need to fix these pages being linked to from search engines.

Thanks

Peter
    Printerbase - Colour & Mono Laser Printers

This is really odd, because when I went and visited
    the link I was told I had nothing in my cart(correct) but I could then navigate correctly to the 'Home' link and then move onwards through the store without difficulty.

Perhaps other people could try it out.

From memory, the session gets created when you first add something to the cart or when you first search so I think the link will be OK.

Comment

I have just tried it again and the same problem occured, no images, no css and javascript, so I closed IE deleted cookies, history and temp internet files and it worked fine.

So I don't know what was causing the problem before.

On my home page (outside of acatalog) I have links to the basket and checkout, the basket link has:

ACTINIC_REFERRER=http://www.printerbase.co.uk/acatalog/

on the end of it, should my link to the checkout also have ACTINIC_REFERRER= on the end of it ?

Thanks

Peter
      Printerbase - Colour & Mono Laser Printers

Comment

You had a dodgy session file for your session which had incorrectly stored the URL of the 'acatalog' folder within it.

You can remove these in future by going to 'Help | Troubleshooting'.

You only really need ACTINIC_REFERRER for links from pages that are outside the 'acatalog' folder - although I don't know any reason why they could not be used throughout the store.

Comment

Working...
        X