HSBC rejecting payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC rejecting payments

Over the last couple of days I have had customers calling me saying they cannot pay for an order using e-payments due to their address line 1 or email address being over 30 characters.

Trying this myself they are correct, I got held on the secure actinic "bridge" between my website and hsbc.

Has anyone else noticed this, is it a recent change

any help would be appreciated.
    Jonathan

Actinic have recently modified the HSBC link and this may be a bug - I would call support or log a support request.

Comment

I tried, unfortunately my actinic cover has expired, and there is no point in me renewing it until we get V8
      Jonathan

Comment

there is no point in me renewing it
        there is now

Comment

I have had ten customers today who had this problem.

3 for address too long
          7 for email address too long
          Jonathan

Comment

As I said above you need to call Actinic - there is nothing the forum can do for you. This is I suspect due to the changes made by Actinic over the weekend.

Comment

They managed to find the problem and fix it. Here is the email i received

"I just got the update that the patch has been updated on our server to accept 64 characters as mentioned by HSBC. Hence, it should be working fine now if the number of characters in the emails address is less tan 65 characters."
              Jonathan

Comment

Thanks for letting us know Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                X